Happy Endings: Discussion Thread

• Members

Last Man Standing and Malibu Country are pretty compatible. LMS got about 7 million viewers total last week (or the week before, I can't remember, sorry) plus a decent demo # I think. Malibu averages a little lower but not a ton, though that one could be 50/50. I could see them both being a toss up, also, but I think ABC would be dumb. I feel like LMS is growing a bit and MC isn't bad. I like them both and hope them plus HE returns.

However, LOVE Happy Endings but Tuesdays is awful for it. The move decimated Apt 23. (which I also love but it was niche and belonged on cable). Happy Endings isn't totally a 'nice' sitcom but it's well written and hilarious and it would suck to see it get cancelled.

Friday's USED to be the death slot, and *kinda* are, though not nearly as much as before. I think ABC is trying with it and I know Paul Lee is a big fan. He's said so I think numerous times. But they have to make money. I wish HE was a little closer to syndication but maybe Sony will try? I'm certainly down to convince them to try ...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is true that ABC is trying to bring back TGIF, but Happy Ending is a single cam while Last Man Standing and Malibu country are multi-cams. The formats usually don't mix well, so I can't see ABC airing it on Fridays with LMS next year. For Happy Ending to return, it probably have to do as good as or better than LMS and I don't see that happening.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I really hope we get a fourth, this show to me is ABC's version of Community... and on another hand Chuck what with campaigns and all this stuff in hopes that it stays on the air for a few more years.

Also, a little sad that thus far no one has signed on for new projects and it is getting a little late in the game for that to even happen now because I know casting wise for pilots will almost be done.

• Members

The chick from "Glee" - Jayma Mays was in this past weeks episode and has already been ruled out to be the mother. I'm pretty sure Casey Wilson is not the mother either since the character description has her interacting with other characters and I don't think we will meet the mother until the very end of the episode possibly even the first episode of next season.

• Administrator

God, I hope USA picks up the show! ABC mistreated this show so badly.

Alex: “Consider your TV Liam Neeson’s daughter, ‘cause this bitch is Taken. And your remote is also Liam Neeson’s daughter because this bitch is Taken 2.”

:lol:

That line would've been better if she said "wife" instead of "daughter" for Taken 2 to be more accurate.

• Members

Agreed 100% Toups. The gifs of that scene kill me and I loathed Taken 2. I always love their pop culture references. That think with Wham and Kathryn Bigelow was funny too.

I loved during the second ep. when Derek showed up and his flat Drama. I wonder if they told her he too was gay.

• Members

The show is hilarious. The cast is great. I'm constantly entertained, even in a weaker episode, and the line delivery .. the lines themselves. It's really good. I don't think the show gets nearly enough credit.

I'm so glad USA is at least looking at picking up the show. I really hope they do. I think it could really be a smart move for them, not just because I love the show.

Archived