Robin Strasser Sells Bel-Air Home

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Beautiful home, I wonder what happened to make her unload her west coast property. Maybe shes planning on staying east coast. Obviously there are no plans to move OLTL west otherwise I'm sure she would be holding on to this.

• Members

She said on the Hotline several months ago that she realized it wasn't really necessary for her to have a home she wasn't living in when she'd also bought a nearby house for her mom. Her mom is up in age, and for now she can just stay with her when she's in California.

• Members

But the thing is, Robin sold the other house in December. I can't imagine her mother was living in the house she sold in December, it was three levels, tons of stairs and up treacherous Portola Drive (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:PkokfwDDtVAJ:www.redfin.com/CA/Beverly-Hills/9854-Portola-Dr-90210/home/6833163+9854+Portola+Drive+Beverly+Hills+California&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca)...

If anything, her mother was living in the house on Roscomare Road, a rancher, pool, garage, nicer area...and now, no more Robin Strasser in Los Angeles.

• Members

I'm pretty sure that's Robin's house as I remember it being photographed in SOD. The hearth in the dining room and the backyard (there was an old studio system-esque candid photo of her wearing her "surprised face" as her son's dog leapt into the air. :P)

As I was saying in an earlier post, I remember Robin mentioning that she'd bought as many as three properties in L.A. (oy!) as she was originally going to move into the third but then changed her mind. I think that's the other house you mention. I don't know all the deets though. :wacko: At any rate, I hope her mom's okay. I think she's just downsizing and hopefully flipping for profit along the way.

**Okay, looked it up, and yeah, that's the ranch where she did the SOD interview:

http://soapoperadigest.com/features/one-life-to-live/pandt/robinstrasser/index.html

• Members

Both of those homes look so cozy. I don't think L.A. is for me (I wouldn't want to live on the ground near the Californian critters and living in an apartment in earthquake country would probably leave me a wreck :P ), but if I DID live in L.A. I would love a place like one of those.

• Members

Why would a single woman with no kids (I am pretty sure that is RS) even need a 3 BR house in the hidden woods of Bel Air anyway?

She should have bought a house along the bike path that runs from Santa Monica all the way down to Redondo practically. To me that is the nicest place to live in L.A., the houses are beautiful, you are on the beach, and it is 20 degrees cooler than WeHo.

• Members

Well the Bike Path from Santa Monica down to Redondo is pricey and it always has been. Robyn's Bel Air house was purchased in the $750,000 range in 2000(?) and after renovations is on the market for over $2,000,000. I'm sure 750k, while a lot of money, was affordable in comparison to 2m. Plus, if she wanted a yard and a pool, in a nice are for 750k, she did really well with that part of Bel Air.

The other house, in the tiny winding streets of old Beverly Hills, is an odd one, I'm glad she was able to sell it, you couldn't have paid me to live there!

Archived