All:Soap Weddings ... Mostly Bad

• Members

In US Soaps. Weddings are rarely about any hapiness unless they are wrapping up stories or wrapping up a supercouple`s tenre on the show.

But they are usually weddings in which either

-The Bride or Groom are hiding a secret

-The Bride or Groom are sleeping with someone else

-The Bride or Groom have manipulate or controlled them to go through with the wedding

-The Bride or Groom has blackmailed the other to marry him

-Other

I was wondering that if this annoys you that more weddings should be happy.

Also what was your favourite Bad or Sad Wedding ?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not my favorite of their weddings, but Zach and Kendall's wedding last year in the hospital. It was sad cause they'd only just divorced barely a month before and it was a plot device(as was their 2nd divorce) so they couldn't be forced to testify against each other in regards to Stuart being killed.

• Members

exactly.Thats the reason weddings happen,so it ends in divorce.Its just predictable and stupid.

I did enjoy however thw wedding of Laurence & Jennifer in which Jennifer was being controlled (I`m guessing) by Laurence to marry him. Why was she posing as Katarina again.Was it because of Carly or was it a mission. I can`t recall but you could see it in her eyes that she was being forced into all of it.

• Members

Cruz & Eden's wedding in Pebble Creek is BY FAR my favorite. Wasn't a plot device either. Instead, it was like a gift to all their fans who endured 4 years of torture waiting for them to truly be together.

Runners Up:

Bo & Hope's London Nuptuals

Roman & Marlena's 1st Wedding

Jack & Jennifer's 1st Wedding- HILARIOUS. Alice Horton clobbering a thug with one of the chairs has got to be one of the funniest moments EVER on a soap.

• Members

I agree about some weddings being absolutely pointless. Perfect example: On the eve of her wedding, Allison Stewart sleeps with Chris Hughes. She gets married the next day, Aaron finds out almost immediately, divorces her within a week and leaves town. What was the purpose of it all?

• Members

who the heck wants a happy wedding????

Soap weddings are supposed to be this huge event where the entire cast gets together and then some mega event happens. I am not the one getting married, so what do I care if the bride and groom are happy or not? Tina on OLTL had some great wedding moments. And you also need everyone in the pews miserable so the camera can cut to them at key junctures so they can stare at someone else 3 rows down. And then when the big shock happens there should be a lot of murmuring.

Then after a sufficient amount of drama, there can finally be a wedding--but it doesn't even have to be the people who expected to get married that day.

• Members

Some pointless weddings I can think of:

--ATWT's Mike and Jennifer. Bring out all the vets only to have Mike screwing Jennifer six weeks later while she went into labor. They didn't even bother to have Mike at her funeral a year later.

--Days' Sami always, always having bad weddings. She's had about eight or nine weddings, all ending in disaster except the first one to Austin and second one to Lucas.

--Y&R's Jack and Emily, Adam and Sharon, Neil and Karen, Billy and Chloe etc. etc. etc.

--Any of B&B's weddings within the past decade.

Archived