Soaps You've Watched

• Members

Yes I totally forgot to mention Susan Keith's Shana Vochek. Loved her and her husband Jim. And agree about the Megnott/Peluso situation- I didn't love Roya per say (Trisha was always my fave) but she definitely played the hell out of that part. She didn't have the ultraglamorous look of a soap star, which was perfect for Ava. So when super-hot Lisa Peluso took over, it was a HUGE adjustment. I remember not liking her at first and complaining to my grandmother. She told me that she used to play Wendy on SFT and she liked her very much there, so I should give her a chance. I did, and eventually, came to LOVE her as Ava. But it did take some time and some getting used to.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been on this earth 34 years and during my childhood and teen years and even today, I've watched the following daytime shows:

Another World

Guiding Light

Santa Barbara

Loving/The City- LOVED this show, wish more of the this talented cast were still in daytime.

Port Charles

Capitol in the final year it was on thanks in part to my summertime babysitter

Days of Our Lives

All My Children- Still watch it today

As The World Turns.

• Members

Dark Shadows:

Like most kids at that time, I ran home from school to catch this gothic soap. I loved all the horror elements, spooky music, etc. I guess a kid never realizes how bad the "special effects" are, like Barnabas trying to put his fangs in, microphones visibly hanging down from the ceiling, and EVERYBODY forgetting their lines. I totally fell in love with Lara Parker, who played the uber-bad witch Angelique. Byt the time the show ended, though, they had exhausted all plot possibilities, and it was time for it to go.

Edge Of Night:

I just remember this as being on in the house. I never paid too much attention, though I loved the "suspense/whodunit" atmosphere of the show. What got my attention was the Stephanie Martin murder case, where Nicole Travis was on trial, but everybody in town had a motive for the murder. I loved the show's trials. One person's appearance on the witness stand could last the whole show.

Another World:

Once again, this was on in the house, so I kinda absorbed what was going on. I remember a really bad guy named Danny Fargo. But I knew the show was something special when the Alice/Steve/Rachel triangle began. I had never seen a character like Robin Strasser's Rachel Davis before.

As The World Turns:

I got hooked on this show accidentally. I had broken my leg, and was incapacitated for several weeks. By chance, ATWT was on screen and John Dixon was taking off a disguise in court, because everyone thought he was dead. I tuned in the next day to see why he was disguised, and I never stopped watching since. THIS is my show. Through good times (Steve/Betsy/Craig; Lily Marries Damian and Gets The Mother-In_law From Hell) and bad (Zoe/Sarah Kasnoff; Celia Jumps Out Of The Orange Crate), I've never stopped watching this show , mostly because of the stellar acting.

All The Rest:

I've sampled most of the other shows. Y&R snagged me for awhile with Sheila, then B&B did the same . I tried GH when Martha Byrne was on, and AMC when Palmer died. But none of them lasted. I still check in with Y&R occasionally, but I absolutely can't watch AMC, because of the high-school level acting.

• Members

The Young and the Restless- 1984 and still watching

I started watching this with my mom when I was in kindergarten. I had to go to school in the mornings, and my mom picked me up from work after school. We would watch Y&R for my mom's lunch, and the after it was over my dad came home from work, and I played on the Atari. lol I then watched Y&R in the summer months, until I finished school. I have then either taped or dvr the soap since 1997. My earliest memories of Y&R is Nikki and Victors wedding #1, Amy Tyrone Jazz story,Who Shot Jill story, and all those Danny Romalotti's concerts.

As the World Turns- 1985-1993, 2007-2008 off and on

I watched ATWT in the summer months growing up. After Douglas Marland died, I really lost interest in the show. I came back for Nuke, but that didn't really catch my full attention. My earliest memories of ATWT are- Iva is Lily's Mother, Tonio Reyes stuff, Frannie/Sabrinia, Margo's Rape.

Capitol- 1985-end

I watched during the summer. I remember when Jess Walton was on this show. My mom is still mad for the way it ended to this date.

The Bold and the Beautiful- The entire run

This is the only soap I have watched from the beginning and will until the end.

Guiding Light- 1993-1999, 2004-2009 sporadically

I loved GL in the 90's. We moved in 1993, and I was able to get home from school at 2:55pm, just in time to watch GL. I loved the whole Roger Thorpe coming back, who shot him. Dinah/Cassie/Hart, Reva! Nadine/Brent Buzz and jenna Phillip and Harley Elena and Frank, I got turned off when the Santos came into town, and the time changing story came about.

Sunset Beach- 1997-1998

I loved this show too. Very Campy- which is why I think I love B&B so much. I stopped watching because they started airing the show at 2:00am, and I could never remember to tape it. I loved the Terror Island storyline!

Passions- Two weeks in 1999

I tried watching this soap. It was on the same time as ATWT, and I stopped watching ATWT by now, and wanted to try something new. The acting sucked, and the stories sucked. I just could not get into it. The only thing I enjoyed about this show was the opening.

• Members

B&B: 1990-present

Days: 1993-1995, 1999-2003 on and off.

Sunset Beach: 1997-1999, almost all episodes.

Santa Barbara: 1984-1985 (reruns), never got the chance to see more. :(

The City: 1995?

General Hospital: 2007-2008, then it went off air in Sweden. :(

Y&R: 1998-1999, 2004-2005. As GH, went off air in Sweden.

Archived