LML Or MAB: Y&R

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's amazing how Maria takes full credit for things many of us see as the worst parts on the show, yet she perceives them to be the best parts. :mellow:

Then there's Hamner's recent preview in SOD where he claims that two doppelganger stories "aren't too much" and the the show is very much rooted in "reality." :rolleyes:

Seriously, these are the people we have in charge of the #1 soap? <_<

This writing team, all of them, are clearly out of touch with their audience and with the roots of this show.

I hate when Maria claims Bill Bell did "out there" things. so that's why's she doing them. Bill Bell never had an entire show revolve around two doppelganger stories, he played up CHARACTER MOTIVATION extremely well - so even if the stories were a bit "out there" you understood where the characters were coming from, and there was lots of heart and stability to the show he wrote overall.

Maria has no shame comparing herself to him. :rolleyes:

• Members

^^Complete and utter word.

Only, I wouldn't say they're out of touch with their audience and with the show.

I'd say that they're out of touch with reality, with the world, the cosmos.

I fear for their sanity, really.

• Members

Tom Casiello is at it again on Twitter, with his condescending attitude towards fans who question the horribleness of the show. Apparently, a group of fans were aware that a battery can be used to start a fire...

http://twitter.com/INAHAM730/status/12781513207

Of course, he has the right to say and Tweet what he wants to say. But when he starts getting this pissy and condescending attitude TOWARDS FANS, I get offended. Classic example of how members on this writing team blame the fans for everything.

We're not supposed to question anything, right? We're supposed to behave like good little children and watch whatever ILLOGICAL CRAP they dish out to us, correct? :rolleyes:

Again, THESE are the people writing for Y&R right now...

• Members

Umm... I'm... Speechless.

If you do NOT like writing for this show and actually realize all of the cr*p it tries to shove down viewers' throats, you can always choose to quit. Yes, quit. Even in this economy.

Instead of attacking the fans and projecting your own complexes and insecurities on them and calling them delusional and hostile. Perhaps even stup!d for not realizing the greatness of your writing.

• Members

Do you have to have a Twitter account to be able to read tweets? I don't have one, and all I saw were a Peanuts cartoon that said "This [!@#$%^&*] sucks" and a youtube video about a battery. Nothing about Y&R.

• Members

The video related to something that happened on Friday's Y&R, and how allegedly, many fans were questioning it to Casiello on Twitter.

I understand if he wants to point it out in a non-judgemental way to fans that fires can be caused by batteries, but the way he did it, came off as cold and condescending to the fans who watch this show to me. They whole "of course they're questioning it" thing, as if fans have nothing better to do and should never question the many absurdities on this show. <_<

Archived