LML Or MAB: Y&R

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I say the Bells are tapped out, I meant the entire LOT!!! Not just Maria, not just Brad. The entire family. All I have to say is here's to hoping that CBS themselves have something innovative planned for down the road. There is no way in heck I would let part of my company be held hostage on the whims and desires of others instead of giving me what I expect from them. I am sure the Bells are not hurting financially because of this. CBS is paying for a product or what I usually love to call that product, a "private label brand" and when it comes down to it, I am CBS's customer. If the product sucks, I am not buying it, hence I probably was counted amongst that 431,000 who did not watch the show.

Your second point that I copied, I completely agree with which covers part of what I said above. If Sony/CBS comes to MAB and says I need you to be able to do this, this and that with a lot less, I expect her to be experienced enough to not only be able to do it, but to do it in such a way that it is as if her bosses didn't ask her to do it in the first place. That is a sign of an employee that knows how to do her job and to do it well. The fact that she is unable to find clever ways to overcome this tells me all I need to know. The Bells are already in-charge of the show, no one has booted them out of their position but damn, right now, they are not churning out good stuff at all. But MAB herself has come out and touted pretty much that her stuff is a sign of brilliance, I wouldn't be surprised if even some of her writers don't agree with what she is doing but they need a paycheck so.....................they will suck it up. And this seems to be the consensus with the actors too.

Lastly, if CBS continues to gets financially healthy, they may want to do a bit more to support the show and Daytime in general so I don't believe for a minute that Y&R will end in 2011 but what I expect from now on, is that the team at Y&R will be on pins & needles every year wondering if this is the year that they could get cancelled. No longer will they or anyone else think they "got this show in the bag or in the can" when it comes to CBS. And that makes me extremely extremely happy.

• Members
Seriously though, what do you expect? Bitch is so arrogant and so beyond herself she can't even see straight.

Can't she tour with Sarah Palin to get the Repubs elected in November? Win win for us...CBS/Sony would step in and finally hire someone who can really take this show where it needs to be and, given Maria's work ethic and horn-tooting, she'd sink the Teabagger Repub Extremist Tickets in November.

• Members

Many people hated the Adam stuff and felt it too gross, taboo, vular, and just plain wrong. I could deal with it, the character is supposed to be a sicko, and Y&R needed blood and guts to keep up with GH in demos. I don't hear as many shouts about this Lauren/Patty twins routine; however, this is the worst writing I have ever ever seen on any show. It makes the [!@#$%^&*] they churn out on ATWT look good and makes me questions whether or not the ratings system is rigged.

Latham was bland but her stories, in general, worked. Back then, I could still understand why Y&R was number 1 in ratings. I thought her take on Gloria was fun, too. She managed to overtake the boring Abbot family and make them a little more quirky. More and more, I think she would have been perfect for an ATWT retooling and that Bloom put her on the wrong show. Oakdale is actually a lot like Knots Landing and she might have been able to give the show a feeling of community.

• Members

Bill Bell was the modern Irma Phillips. He told traditional stories and built up familial drama. Both writers utilized top/down institutional thinking and rarely thought outside the box. Viewes seem to like this seeing as both shows were strong number 1's for decades.

• Members

This is like comparing pig vomit to cow vomit. Oddly enough, both had about 6 months of greatness at the beginning of their tenure until it all went to [!@#$%^&*].

ETA: Oh for God's sakes, we're STILL censoring cuss words here? And they wonder why this place is pretty much a Ghost Town. :rolleyes:

Archived