LML Or MAB: Y&R

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

At this point it doesn't even matter somebody please put it out of it's misery. The ratings seem to indicate maintanence in the current shaky daytime climate. So instead of having contractual issues with their already over bloated team I fear cbs/sony/beels may just let this ride out. They may not want to invest faith or more $$$ in a new regime, besides who else is left to impress upon new audiences in daytime? Like I said someone just put it out of its misery

• Members

I was going to make a joke about how this is choosing between Chlamydia and Gonorrhea, but it's not the case. Even though Maria gave us the chipmunk storyline and Phillip back from the dead, she did a good job from Katherine's funeral until they dragged out Kay's kidnapping. LML never gave any stories that could out weigh the bad ones that she did.

It's a shock to see how far Maria has fallen. The gap between her best and worst is really huge. LML's gab between her best and worst isn't as big.

• Members

I think we also have to consider what the expectations were: Lethal was bad, but she was bad because she wanted to turn Y&R into something that it wasn't. Maria, OTOH, claims she's honoring history, saying that all of her stories are "by design," and even says she's channeling Bill Bell via a seance with John Edward. :blink:

Maria is worse because of the way she manipulated fans and how she completely dumbed down and isolated every character to suit a plot or purpose. Lethal may have done the same, but it was never this flippant to the audience. I think Lethal and her team honestly believed in what they wrote, even if that came at the expense of fans who were upset about the personalities of their characters changing or characters referencing events that never happened. And while that may suck, at least everything didn't come off as some arrogant parody designed to make the audience they cater to look completely and utterly inept.

• Members

LML's stuff was at least semi entertaining. MAB is just fuckin awful.

How the hell is anything Pratt did worse than undoing daytimes first abortion, having Tad bury a man alive and not even show remorse for it, and bringing Dixie back from the dead only to kill her again this time WITH PANCAKES?

• Members

+1

I think the difference for me comes down to the tale of Two Phillips. LML rewrote Phillip into Cane. MAB rewrote Phillip and made him gay but at least Phillip is still a Chancellor as he should be.

It's really hard to say which is worse but I stopped watching under them both.

Archived