LML Or MAB: Y&R

• Members

LML didn't care.

Maria constantly uses BB's legacy as a shield for justified criticisms of her horrible "writing" but prior to Sheffer & Rauch's influence she wasn't so bad.

Now though her & her entire regime (along with many of the actors) need to be fired/recast ASAP.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked much of what LML did. Many things were an improvement. Dialogue and individual scripts were sharper (I had always hated the dialogue under Bell, Alden, Smith, etc., so much so I didn't watch the show). One thing LML did that I liked was to give Brad an actual backstory. "George Kaplan" worked so much better than "Brad, the Serial Rich Girl Marrier."

I detest the current crapfest. There's no comparison. These people are true incompetents, brought in to destroy the show before CBS actually kills it. I have stopped watching it. I haven't seen an episode since March.

• Members

Someone said that the show still had some heart under Latham and I agree. Aside from her efforts to ruin the Abbot family, the show still had some sort of emotional connection. She seemed to wanna make the Gloria Fisher clan the new Abbot family right down to taking the house.

MAB has turned the show into a freak show and horror flick with all of these body doubles and gaslighters. Patty+Adam+Sarah equals Nightmare on Elm Street, Genoa City WI

• Members

Wow...totally agree but we are way in the minority. I never really liked Y&R except during the Latham period. The majority of fans probably wanna give us a beat down. I liked the Brad story and floved when his mother showed up. It might have been cheezy but I've never seen a soap deal with the Holocaust before. Also, Brad is was the only Jewish character that I've ever seen on daytime TV.

• Members

Another thing, say what you will about LML - I never missed a show. I was livid, but loyal. I have become a FF fiend and skip regularly now under MAB. Agree w/ DeeeDee that MAB's start was better, but now with the people she's brought in... AWFUL. This is not Y&R.

• Members

Do you think Nikki would be in better hands under MAB if she tried to write for her?

I think the actors have saved both LML and MAB's asses on a daily basis. Jeanne and Michael Fairman made a weak story wonderful and brought MAB tons of goodwill (albeit briefly).

• Members

Because there was no thoroughline.

Characters would disappear for months JILL while others would be on ALL the time GLORIA.

Whole episodes were devoted to breast moles & nazis & murder & break rooms.

There was NO basis in reality & worst of all NOTHING remotely resembling Y&R.

• Members

Maria's Nikki is pretty good (in terms of writing) except the divorce & the Mexican beach scenes.

In terms of airtime & misogyny not so much.

They really do.

Y&R has THE most unsung cast when it comes to awards.

There are several actors who are LONG overdue to be recognized but unfortunately never will.

• Members

I am incoherent right now, so bare with me.

But characters still disappear for months: Nina, Nikki, Olivia, Amber & Daniel haven't really been on this year, Malcolm, Jill (still to some extent), etc etc etc

And there is a basis in reality now with MAB?!!!!!! Alistair, Emily/Patty, Jana and Lauren in a cage, Sheila's kids with Tom, Ashley's "pregnancy", Jana's headaches, klepto one day then not the next Sharon, everything Kevin. Just scratching the surface here, you get the point! Come on!

Yes, I know LML killed John, made Glo a saint, and no one acted right... but what about the state of the characters now? Respect for history (ahem, Brad, Traci's only daughter, and maybe Adam) Sharon, Ashley, Kevin - to name a few... major trauma and then NOTHING. LML and MAB neither are worth a damn, it's all agendas and plot plot plot. And maybe it's because I suffered through LML and saw hope for a second, but this seems worse.

Both SUCK but I'm telling you, I can't put it in to words... it just seems worse now with MAB.

+1

Archived