Debut Episode Air Dates For New Producers on the UK Soaps

Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The BBC tends to have more viewers than Channel 4.

I just am surprised sometimes at all the awards (which some fans even said they weren't sure were warranted this year) and attention they get. It seems more like a medical show than a soap, to me.

• Members

Apparently, the show has a reputation for telling stories first that the other soaps won't touch.

From what I saw of Vivan's rape last year, I thought they deserved the recognition they got for that story. I can't comment on anything in the last year though.

It's a soap, since it also deals with the personal lives of the characters, not just medical matters. The hospital is just the main setting.

But I've hardly seen Doctors written about in the press.

• Members

As Carl posted via a video in the Hollyoaks thread, Paul Marquess' first date credited as Series Producer of Hollyoaks will be on July 5th.

So, so far:

- Bryan Kirkwood will be credited as Executive Producer of EastEnders on June 4th

- Paul Marquess will be credited as Series Producer of Hollyoaks on July 5th

All that's left is Phil Collinson's first air date as Series Producer of Coronation Street.

• Members

No new Interview on DS. That`s crap.

Marquess is Hollyoaks only hope of surviving.

Kirkwood will be a powerhouse for EE

Collinson says that he is a fan of Corrie so hopefully he will be right for the show

Blyth is doing fine as he is on Emmerdale

Doctors i guess is good seeing as ratings are going up year by year

US Soaps mainly suck (DAYS may be good and some others)

AUS Soaps : Neighbours may still suck and H&A i dunno about.

& Foreign Soaps i have no idea about.

• Members

Most of next week is supposed to be heavily filler on EastEnders and focus on teen storylines, so watch at your own risk. LOL! The show is clearly in transition too, but Kirkwood's first episode on the 4th sees the introduction of two new characters, so I guess that would be a good starting point too.

And Kirkwood has already fired two of the actors in the teen set that's dominating most of next week.

Kirkwood is sharing the EP credit with Diederick Santer for his first two weeks, a product of the handover period they shared in late Februry earlier this year.

The show will get better once you make it to May. In fact, I suggest skipping to the wedding week or the aftermath of the wedding week. It's still not great, but a lot better than it was.

Here's the video with the Marquess interview that Carl posted in the main Hollyoaks thread:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

EastEnders airs 4 times a week - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. There is no episode on Wednesday's unless it's to make up for an episode not airing on one of the regular days (unless one of the regular episodes is an hour-long episode that week).

Coronation Street can vary in scheduling sometimes, but it typically airs 5 days a week from Monday to Friday.

Of course, during the next few weeks due to Britain's Got Talent and the World Cup, the scheduling for these shows will be moved around a bit...

• Members

This is the synopsis and credits for Bryan's first episode

Denise continues to cover for Lucas' erratic behaviour, but unbeknownst to her he's sinking to new depths of depravity. Meanwhile Shirley battles for Ben to return home - and will Max be able to resist the wily charms of a stunning newcomer?

Writer - Matt Evans

Director - Peter Rose

Executive Producer - Diederick Santer

Executive Producer - Bryan Kirkwood

Archived