Nicollette Sheridan suing Marc Cherry

Soapsuds

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah I did. Maybe it was bc season 4 was so bad and anythign else was good by comparison. I didnt have many problems with it when I first watched it

really? I think Susan, Katherine and Lynette are pretty much the same characters they were from before. Bree is the only one that had a major change, which was for the worst. She was my favorite pre-reboot and now I cant stand her most times

• Members

Wow... I mean, Season 4 was a huge drop for sure but really bad? I guess to each their own LOL

I agree, especially about Lynette and Bree. Lynette remains the most consistently written character, while Bree was changed so radically I fail to see what I liked in her. I sometimes have to remind myself how she used to be. Katherine had the whole Bree thing going on as well in the beginning but seems to have lost it.

• Members

Wow. Nicolette got great reviews from the cast of Knots Landing, and she was young then when people are supposed to act crazy. Also never heard anything bad about her on DH. I always thought Marc Cherry disliked her. He always mentioned that Edie was meant to be a recurring short term character, but the network made him keep her because she tested so well. He always seemed to fight giving her stories although she shined when she got them.

I loved when Marcia Cross went on maternity leave and although it was a bad story, Edie was front and center and Nicollette killed it as usual. Still, I hate she did this lawsuit. It'll probably just bring her bad press she doesn't need.

Fingers crossed her CBS pilot gets picked up and she can move on from this!

• Members

I never did think you could trust a gay Republican... But as mixed as I am about Marc Cherry's talent (though it should be pointed out he scripted a handful of the Golden Girls zingers people have been posting regularly here :P ) I kinda agree with Chris--my concern is on Nicolette. This really could reflect badly on her and her future career--not because it's not true, but because developing a diva reputation (and didn't she tell the press *she* wanted to leave at least a few times?).

• Members

Cherry made a big stink about how he didn't want the quality to decline, so he was ending it at season 7 but last year announced it would gone on through 9 I believe. I thought it was a huge mistake--if he had an ending position for next year now maybe things could be salvaged... I dunno.

My main gripe is how each year they seem to think they have to introduce a new "household" and then by a few episodes in they seem to have lost any interest in that housewhold's storyline or characters. Add to that the constantly dropped or missing characters and storylines that I now just kinda watch it in the background--I might chuckle at a moment or two but I don't even bother trying to keep track of the stories.

• Members

Each season the show is reset like a sitcom. It's terrible. People need to rewatch Melrose Place and see that while a guilty pleasure, it was cleverly plotted and the scripts were actually very good. I see this aging very badly. Well it already has, but I mean in 10 years time people will REALLY be wondering what they saw in this garbage.

I also wonder why they're extending the series two more years when the ratings keep dropping so low. It had an episode recently under 10 million. What do they expect around season 9? And imagine how expensive it will be! And there will be more shakeups. The useless (on this show at least) Dana Delaney is about to bolt and Eva Longoria has always said she wanted to leave when he contract was up.

• Members

I actually think... Now... That the first season was one big bunch of sh!t. It was really awful.

The mystery sucked because we didn't know who the woman was and thus couldn't care about her. She was just an (annoying) voice-over. As the season progressed, she became a wacko and would've never married the guy she did. It made no sense at all. Horribly crafted, actually. Second was awful and so on.

There were stand-out episodes, like the one Frasier guy penned, but that one did not fit in at all, it was so out of place even though it was a great script. You saw that the guy hated writing the show.

Similarly, Jeff Greenstein was a let-down on this show. And so on.

I really, really wish they picked up Chuckie Pratt's show, it seemed like Pratt-esque Twin Peaks rip-off. :)

• Members

Desperate Housewives tried so hard to combine the sitcom format with an hour-long serial drama format, so really, it never quite knew where it wanted to go and what it wanted to be. Perhaps if the show marketed itself better and took itself as a dark comedy and hired better producers and writers from that genre, things would have gelled better.

But this show just doesn't gel, it's sort of a clusterfuck of different things that tries to market itself as high-end television, when it's awful and just blah.

• Members

You are right — it doesn't gel. It really doesn't know whether it wants to be a high-class farce or a serial with lighter moments.

I always hated Marcia Cross and this show really cemented it for me. Kimberly was an utter bull character which ultimately did no good to Melrose and Bree is just... What is Bree?! :blink: Who is this woman? Is she a robot? Does she have emotions? They never really knew how to write for her, it was all artificial, choppy, made no sense and had no development and evolution.

Other women grew tiresome quickly too.

• Members

blasphemy! Kimberly was one of the best things about Melrose. When she left, that was pretty much the end of an era and the subsequent seasons paled in comparison to when she was on. Her stories were some of the most intersting things about that show

Archived