Nicollette Sheridan suing Marc Cherry

Soapsuds

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think this will reflect poorly on Nicollette Sheridan at all.

The tide has turned for Marc Cherry in the entertainment business, Desperate Housewives is no longer a buzzworthy show and his diva antics are the ones people are talking about.

Everyone knows Nicollette Sheridan is a generally easy actress to work with. Nobody on the Knots Landing set had a bad word to say about her, neither did anyone on the set of Desperate Housewives, Eva Longoria even went so far as to say that Nicollette was the nicest, wisest and most helpful person in the cast.

The Vanity Fair photoshoot aside, the cast is generally very professional. I have no doubt that Marc Cherry is an angry, frustrated, creative, jackass who certainly wouldn't be above hitting someone if they defied him.

It was evident from her first episode to the last that Nicollette Sheridan was hated by Marc Cherry, Edie Britt was the best character on the damn show, Nicollette sold her for all she was worth and did the best she possibly could. Cherry's contempt for her character was, to me, quite obvious.

I also think people shouldn't rush to judgment about how long it took this case to get filed, there's a statute of limitations in tort law, she's within the limit and she very well may have spent this time gathering evidence for her case. Also, this hardly seems like a cash grab to me, she made excellent money on Knots Langing, excellent money on Desperate Housewives and endorsed whatever crap she could when the show was white hot. She has a new house in Hidden Hills that she paid for with cash in addition to her home in the Hollywood Hills that carries no mortgage. She's also got a CBS pilot in the works.

I wish Nicollette luck, if her case has merit, I hope she bleeds Cherry and ABC's veins dry.

• Members

I have to disagree. The first season was just incredible, IMO. Full of energy and life, and something happened in every episode because there were several storylines of varying prominence going on all at once. It really felt like the show was set in a neighborhood because everyone was connected in some sort of way. Ever since the second season, everything's been so islanded and isolated, and it's a special occasion to have the housewives even just sit around and talk. It sucks what happened to this show, it really does.

ITA. Kimberly/MC did a lot for Melrose. She's one of the main reasons why people still even talk about the show.

• Members

I agree with Cheap ;)

I actually think the show has been good this season. I'm not a fan of the reboot, but it's working for the most part. I never could picture Gabby as a mom but it works. I agree about Bree, but I actually like her better now than I used too. She's not so over the top anymore.

Lynnette though, she is my all time fav.

• Members

Cherry's gonna go down. Sooner or later. And, with the way the ratings are going, I can see HOUSEWIVES cancelled soon. How do you go from 28 million viewers a week to under 10? (even if you allow for the generally lower viewership?)

Absolutely--Cherry's hatred was obvious in the way he wrote for Edie and how he kept either sabotaging her or not showcasing her. Everyone kept telling him to use her and, yet, he refused. And he ended up killing her.

• Members

You know I hate psychos. :) It's not fun anymore. (Not that it ever really was, it all grows old quick and they just push it over the edge.) All the apartmend building blow-ups, baby theft, killings... icon8.gif Some grow tired of it while the story is still on the way, some realise years after what it actually did for the show.

She was so mental and scary in that role, it was spooky, you really can't say: OMG, she is so fun!

It was all really unhealthy.

• Members

You could be right--I am only watching MELROSE PLACE for the first time right now, so maybe I will see things that way. But I do love my psychos, so I guess to each their own.

I dunno. I do find that she is a lot of fun despite how she indeed is very scary and spooky in that part. What you're saying implies that Cross did a tremendously good job at this, then?

• Members

Sylph, you should watch some of Marcia's clips as Kate Sanders on OLTL -- you may enjoy her there.

I have never been that fond of her work on Housewives. She was good early on but the character became this nightmare, especially after Rex, who balanced her out, died. Her stories involving the man who killed Rex, and then that mess with Lee Tergesen and her son and her constant drinking and just the vile relationship she and her son had. No thanks. Then Marcia started phoning it in, either that or her plastic surgery made it look like she was phoning it in.

• Members

I liked Kimberly; and I liked Bree for the most part.

I also loved Edie and thought she was the most interesting one out of the housewives, so I don't get how Cherry's head works.

I hope Nicolette wins it.

• Members

There was an interview with Nicollett Sheridan saying that Marc based her character on someone he didn't like and that maybe he couldn't separate her from that person.

I also remember reading that Rex died because Marc's dad, who Rex was based on, died.

• Members

yeah completely boring and completely forgettable. Scratch that, the only reason why she isnt completely forgettable is bc Tina interrupted her wedding by coming back from the dead with a baby in her hands. That is one of the most memorable moments in OLTL history. The look on Kate’s face was priceless. Really that’s her contribution to the show and what most take from her.y

Archived