Television Pilots — 2010

Sylph

• Members

CBS

Hawaii Five-O (Drama)

Executive Producer: Peter Lenkov, Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman

Cast Includes: Alex O’Loughlin, Daniel Dae Kim, Taryn Manning

Synopsis: An updated take on the original series centered around an elite branch of the Hawaiian Police Department’s crime unit.

Chaos (Drama)

Executive Producer: Tom Spezialy, Brett Ratner

Cast Includes: Freddy Rodriguez

Synopsis: Ragtag group of CIA operatives ensnared by backstabbing and beaucratic snafus.

The Odds (Drama/Comedy)

Executive Producer: Jeff Wadlow

Cast Includes: To Be Announced

Synopsis: A buddy cop show in which the cops may be more outrageous than the crimes they solve.

Hitched (Comedy)

Executive Producer: Josh Schwartz, Matt Miller

Cast Includes: Eugene Levy, Kristin Kreuk

Synopsis: A multi-camera series revolving around a newlywed couple, Their friends and extended family.

Defenders (Drama)

Executive Producer: Carol Mendelsohn, Niels Mueller, Kevin Kennedy

Synopsis: Two wildly charismatic defense attorneys go above and beyond the call of duty in order to protect their clients in Sin City.

[!@#$%^&*] My Dad Says (Comedy)

Executive Producer: Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker

Cast Includes: William Shatner

Synopsis: A multi-camera comedy based on Halpern’s Twitter account of the same name.

Mike And Molly (Comedy)

Executive Producer: Chuck Lorre & Others

Cast Includes: Billy Gardell, Katy Mixon, Reno Wilson

Synopsis: A controversial ensemble centered around a couple both struggling with overeating.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

NBC

The Event (Drama)

Executive Producer: Nick Wauters

Cast Includes: Jason Ritter, Blair Underwood

Synopsis: A thriller-drama that follows a man’s battle against a yet to be revealed conspiracy by way of a unique storytelling device.

Love Bites (Comedy)

Executive Producer: Cindy Chupack, Timothy Bevan, Eric Fellner

Cast Includes: Becki Newton, Jordana Spiro

Synopsis: An hour-long comedy revolving around romance

Prime Suspect (Drama)

Executive Producer: Hank Steinberg, Erwin Stoff

Synopsis: A remake of a highly acclaimed series on theBBC Network following a fearless female detective who solves complex crimes in a big city charged with political intrigue.

Rockford Files (Drama)

Executive Producer: David Shore, Steve Carrell

Cast Includes: Dermot Mulroney, Alan Tudyk

Synopsis: A remake of the 1970’s classic whodunit which starred the esteemed actor James Garner who played a roguish yet wise private detective.

Undercovers (Drama)

Executive Producer: JJ Abrams, Bryan Burk, Josh Reims

Cast Includes: Boris Kodjoe, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Carter Macintyre & Others

Synopsis: A sedate married couple with a wild past in the CIA as field agents are unexpectedly reactivated by the Government to carry out top priority missions while discovering new views on their marriage.

Chase (Drama)

Executive Producer: Jerry Bruckheimer, Jennifer Johnson, Jonathan Littman

Synopsis: A new action-procedural drama based on a real-life group and set in the American Southwest. It follows a crucial fugitive apprehension team comprised of U.S. Marshals that tracks down the nation's most notorious criminals.

Kindreds (Drama)

Executive Producer: David E. Kelly

Synopsis: The series follows a curmudgeonly ex-patent lawyer and his group of misfit associates as their lives come together to form an unconventional kind of law practice.

• Members

ABC

187 Detroit (Drama)

Executive Producer: Jason Richman & others

Cast Includes: Jon Michael Hill, Aisha Hinds

Synopsis: A realistic yet humorous look at a Homicide Division in Detroit as seen through the cameras of a fictitious documentary crew.

Body of Evidence (Drama)

Executive Producer: Chris Murphey & others

Synopsis: A procedural that focuses on the exploits of an examiner who is a genius neuro surgeon, using her expertise in her field to give interesting new takes on solving crimes, much to the chagrin of her coworkers.

Off The Map (Drama)

Executive Producer: Jenna Bans & Others

Cast Includes: Martin Henderson, Enrique Murciano

Synopsis: Three Doctors looking for a fresh start leave the united states to take up residency in the tropics. Along the way they face challenges, both medically and personally.

No Ordinary Family (Comedy)

Executive Producer: John Feldman & Others

Cast Includes: Michael Chiklis

Synopsis: A typical American family begin to realize that they have supernatural abilities and find themselves dealing not only with their new powers, but also with the day to day challenges met in a modern day family.

Who Gets The Parents? (Comedy)

Executive Producer: Joe Port & Others

Synopsis: Three adult siblings begin to deal with the challenges of their parents late-in-life divorce.

Something's funny here, http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2010/03/13/abc-preparing-new-2011-pilots/ says they are for 2011, but I thought some would début in 2010. :unsure:

• Members

Maybe the 2011 things is just a typo. I don't know, I'm sure I'll give a couple of these a try, but mostly it's the same crap. Doctor/Lawyer/Cop shows with a procedural or two thrown in the mix. I'd be most like to try Chaos, Undercovers and The Event (what a stupid title). Broadcast TV is in some desperate need of creative ideas. It's so odd that they aren't inspired by what cable has done. Not that the networks can be as edgy, but at least try to set a few shows in places other than NY and LA and make them about people who aren't medical or legal/law enforcement professionals.

Anyhow, thanks for bringing the list over.

• Members

It's sad really. I'm sure there will be a few of these that end up working. Sometimes the acting can save a show or make it more than it seems on paper. I look at original NCIS as an example of that, but overall, I just think of watching a law/medical/procedural drama and I get tired. They have been done to death. I kind of feel the same way about cop shows, but then once in awhile those can still take an original direction, for example, The Wire and Justified. Other than that, I really wish the networks would take some risks. I guess they are afraid to, since the procedurals are usually solid performers.

Archived