AMC: Actor tapes his last scenes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ah yes, but do you remember that now Nelson has changed his story to how stupid AMC is for *firing* David and has completely backtracked on his old story? So why do you trust that one ;)

Nelson was obviously exagerating, but as Ann said, DC has suddenly int he past one or two years looked a LOT more tired and fragile, his heart hasn't been into playign Stuart when he has had to, etc. I know the soap world sucks right now and it's easy to think that our faves leaving is all because of bad people like Frons--but to suggest AMC moved to LA so that they could get rid of DC? LOL.... Sigh.

• Members

After listening to an interview DC did with Stardish radio this week I am even more convinced Adam won't be back, even for guest stints.

When the host specifically asked him to clarify whether he would be appearing at all again on AMC (because what he was saying certainly made it sound like this was it) he gave an evasive answer, although at one point stated: "I can say without any animosity that I'm done with it and I'm glad...cuz I've had it".

A couple of other things I can remember off the top of my head:

-The day the move to LA was announced he immediately went "into retirement mode"

-He likens his leaving to AMC to "getting out of prison"

-As many of us here had noticed, David admitted he had difficulty playing Stuart properly after he died

• Members

Well I think the analogy of jail came about because the show shoots on a 4 day week instead of a 5 day week since the move to LA. So there were a lot more scripts to learn in a shorter amount of time.

This interviewer needs to get her facts straight. Julia Barr was not the victim of Pratt. Julia Barr's exit occurred earlier.

• Members

The interviewer, Joann, bless her heart, is awful. Besides the obvious factual information she screws up on a regular basis, she doesn't know how to ask questions or facilitate a decent interview. When she presented her question about Pratt with her very, very strong opinions...I just had to cringe. Truly awful.

• Members

The thing is, if a soap personality is ever interviewed for our enjoyment, he or she is almost ALWAYS being interviewed by a soap fan. Very rarely are they speaking with an objective, soap clueless reporter, especially on these Starbuzzyblogtalkindish-type shows. I applaud these guys though for booking these interviews. I tend to cringe when they act too buddy-buddy with the stars and redirect the interviews to themselves and the guests have to be polite and show interest in the hosts lives. :P On one of them they'd ask the guests what question would they like to ask the hosts, and it's like :unsure: ...

• Members

I can't believe I listened to this whole interview. It was hard to keep up with the interviewer and David's forgetfulness.

Anyway, the prison comment was more about having to memorize tons of dialogue. But I know his comment is going to be taken out of context and twisted around and will probably land in Nelson's column and make David out to be bitter, which he's not. David just seemed exhausted having to learn all those lines the last 3 months because of the shooting schedule.

I got the impression that David could potentially be back at All My Children doing guest spots. He and his wife said it was "still up in the air."

He also did say that the show was an inch and a half away from moving to Connecticut and that that would've been so much easier for him.

• Members

I wish they would have moved to CT and I hope they explore that option for OLTL as a preliminary cost-cutting measure (assumng that its writing doesn't do it in regardless :rolleyes: ). Everyone and their mother is taping in Stamford now, Erika Slezak (and others?) already lives in the CT burbs and there's an express train from the city so it's not a Peapack-type situation a-tall. I'm sure some of OLTL's younger actors would be very excited about a move to L.A. (cancelled before that would happen) but I'm sure many of the senior cast members are happy in the tristate area.

• Members

I get that Joann is a fan, but OMG seriously! Can she not let her own opinions overpower the interview?

Joann: David, Charles Pratt was fired. He was supposed to be AMC's saving grace and he just ruined the show! His tenure was a complete and utter travesty and everyone just hated him! SO many fans stopped watching including me! Really, he was HORRIBLE! Now tell me what did you think about him?.

I exaggerate, of course, but seriously, you should leave the questions as objective and neutral as possible and then let the actor set the tone for the conversation and discussion that follows. Jeez. You could tell that DC was kind of caught off guard and uncomfortable with her very candid comments.

Archived