Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I found it fascinating...but easily disputable. TT definitely has a strong take on everything she writes about and the one downside of her site is that she runs it with an iron fist. If people don't agree with her then they are immediately called a litany of unflattering names that belittle their logic and bolster hers. 

I think she underestimates Kyle's role in a lot of things and gives LVP and LemonLyme too much credit for themselves. I also think she misjudges season 1 - LVP was the breakout star from the first episode, she was never grasping to be the centre of attention: she was always the focal point. She also misjudges LVP moving houses - TT says LVP needed to move into a "better house" - yet LVP's current home is substantially less expensive and smaller than her old house and not in a gated community. Finally, she definitely seems sympathetic to Dim Richards when it isn't warranted. 

• Members

I thought the article was interesting as well but I have the exact same issues that you have not only with the site but her opinions. You literally can not have a differing opinion than her without the insults that follow because she  disagrees.

Yes the first season was mainly about Kyle vs. Camille but LVP was undoubtedly the break out star. I also remember thinking LVP's new house is smaller than the last, I think Vanderpump actually stated as much.

• Members

TT is a bright lady and enjoy her site very much. I thought this was a good analysis with a lot of salient points. However, I would agree with you both on the tendency to belittle other opinions (I guess it's her site so she can do what she wants), and especially with your differing analyses regarding Season 1. I remeber before I had seen S1, DaytimeFan on this very thread urging me to watch it because Lisa Vanderpump was so fabulous in it. I definitely think that Production and Kyle probably had in mind before the show started that it might be centered around her as 'central heroine,' but very quickly LVP and Camille were the HWs that the audience couldn't get enough of watching. Kyle had that Smugness Factor (and outing her sister's alcoholism did not look good on her), and Camille was just... wow, lol. So LVP ended up being the HW much of the audience warmed to.

Even Andy Cohen said that as soon as they found LVP, Bravo knew they had found the show's lynchpin character.

Just talking about this made me realize what an awesome jewel Season 1 was. Sigh.

Edited by Cat

• Members

In Andy's book Most Talkative he said that the production company and Bravo worked like crazy to convince LVP to sign on and that when she agreed they knew the show was set and that they "had found [their] Joan Collins"...now that has to irk Kyle, as many of us have always suspected that despite her role in the casting of the show (and as Camille said, Kyle has profit participation in the show...) she's never, ever, been the star of it. 

Despite TT's analysis that everything boils down to LVP vs. Yolanda, I think Kyle's role in the evolution (and devolution) of the show has mattered an awful lot as well. 

• Members

Absolutely. The backlash that Kyle got after S2 Reunion (when she and Adrienne decided to 'take down' LVP and she served up the "Bobby Fischer" comment) was real. All the seasons following that have been an attempt to make Poor Kyle appear the victim of LVP's unforgiving ways... or of Kim's crazy... or of Brandi's ratchetness. I assume to rebuild her rep with the viewing audience. Eventually, last season, Kyle got back on-side with both LVP and many viewers. TT never addressed that S2 Reunion in her blog piece when IMO it was a huge turning point. It solidified Brandi's S3 presence on the show, and it ushered out Taylor, Camille and, eventually, Adrienne, requiring new sets of HWs (including Yolanda) to come on the show.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Yes - that reunion was ugly and it set the course for the ouster of Adrienne and Taylor. Adrienne slit her wrists with LVP (that lunch of theirs will go down as memorable in its awkwardness as Adrienne flailed like a dead fish before The Queen). Kyle got her first taste of backlash and she seems to have been acutely aware of it since, always trying to avoid being the one to visibly antagonize anyone.