Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Could not agree more on your thoughts on Annemarie and the Kyle suicide situation. They did not give a f.uck about what LVP was going through so I don’t care.

If you want fair go to the carnival!!

RHONY LEGACY

In just three episodes, this has been better than the entire season of the reboot.

• Members

I agree with so much of this. It has been a surprisingly compact season thus far, in a good way. Though not perfect, I am enjoying it.

I will give Kyle props for carrying the show. She's not hiding the fact that she and Mo are no longer connected and she is having an emotional affair with someoneelse. She's not hiding the fact that Kathy ostracised her. I thought it interesting that in every flashback showing Kyle's many fallings out with Kathy, each was due to something Kyle had instigated but nevertheless felt she deserved instant forgiveness for: the creation of The Agency at the expense of Hilton Hyland; the constant tacit support of Lisa Rinna over and above Kim and Kathy, etc. I appreciate that BH is painting a full picture of Kyle, and sometimes (!) she is selfish and unlikeable. As giddy as she is with Morgan, her treatment of Sutton can be mean. I really think she views Sutton as a Kim substitute in some ways, but the difference is that Sutton is actually tougher and more self-aware than Kyle gives her credit for. As you say, even under peer pressure from Kyle, Dorit and Flopmarie, Sutton stood her ground. 

I think Dorit may have one more season in her, and that's because since the Umansky separation, she and Kyle are not as close.

Crystal FINALLY acted like a RH in this episode, effortlessly and humorously popping Dorit's inquisition bubble.

Flopmarie is Kyle's henchman and sounded a complete fool throughout the episode but especially during the esophagus debacle. This chick's a medical professional? Really?

Erika is just about likeable without the toxic influence of a certain somebody. She has a support group with Mikey, Clyde and her team. She seems to really despise her mother, though.

• Members

I am LIVING for OGRHony.  However, while this has been A+ entertainment, this is a fairly safe cast . . . I know some of these picks are completely off the table, but if we had Jill or Alex or Carole, there'd be more muscle, less fat here . . . like so much potential to unpack so much meat.  This is lovely, but largely the "fun, flirty, drunk kookiness" that got stale as hell before the disastrous Eboni season.

It's a shame that Ramona is Ramona, because she's everything she needs to be here and so much more relaxed.

Sonja is the best, but this is honestly wash, rinse, repeat.

Dorinda does not understand that when she blows, she's not owning anyone; they're owning her because they got her to react with her ugliness that got her "put on pause."  I love her but she can't get out of her own way and that drunk, abusive sh!t she does worked for her for years, but that's been long over and she's the only one who hasn't gotten the memo.

As someone who grew to hate B, I've always hated what happened to Kelly/what Kelly did to herself.  I've always wanted her to get a chance to redeem herself, and this is going mostly ok so far.  Her interviews are the best part of her.  I do think she and LuAnn agreed to butt heads for the sake of the show which I don't love, but ok . . . she also feels very produced, which makes it hilarious that she's calling Kristen out for that.  Overall, she is performing very well but it feels like too much of a performance.  I'm just relieved she's not unravelling or becoming incoherent and/or delusional like she can on even Social Media.

I always thought Kristen and Heather were casualties of B in season 7 so I'm happy to see her back.  She is doing the most here and it's mostly working.  I'm so glad she's seriously excelling and probably proving everyone wrong that she'd be the lightweight here.  However, the way she handled her scandal was cringe . . . I know she doesn't want to talk about it and irl, she doesn't have to . . . but she shouldn't have thought she could come back for this check/5 minutes of Bravo fame and avoid this.  She doesn't owe us anything, but this has been the only (VERY) disappointing part of her return.  Her putting Josh on Facetime was some serious punishment for him lolol.

LuAnn is the star of this.  After giving RHoNY the MOST for 13 years, I'm so happy to see her naturally rule the roost.  I hate that she's drinking again--I know from firsthand experience how incredibly complicated her relationship with alcohol is but (chic) c'est la vie I guess lol.

I only wish we got more catchup time with their lives in NY in the beginning!!  But I am so happy this is on.

• Members

SLC

While it appears tonight is going to be a good one, I found last week's episode to be meh.

I'm all for shifting alliances, but the episode just moved haphazardly. The episode before was so much crazy fun. And there was signs of that...like Lisa saying her hall pass would be Ibris Elba. I hollered cuz #taste. I felt like they were actually trying to have a fun time...in spite of the Monica family mess.

I admit that I now side-eye Monica a little bit now that Daytime Fan drop that little tea about the family. I really thought her thirsty mama did do something. Something to make one go hmmm. And also why give Lisa that tea on Angie K? Otherwise I still like her.

I can't say the same for Heather. Not even five minutes into the episode and she was going behind Little Girl's back. Then she wanted to be all funny about sex when she was all about BBC in the first two seasons. Her daughter's sex life I completely understand. But her? And the ONLY single woman there. The lack of self-awareness (not the mention her failed attempt to make a moment like Little Girl did on her last episode with STFU) was glaring. 

And the mystery of Angie K's tea. I don't know who would send it. That said...the fact that the ladies tried to use it for a gang up on Meredith. And Meredith...was unbothered. That was hilarious. But...was that what she was deleting off her phone. Again...things that make you go hmmm.

A false note on the trip. But again...tonight's episode looks like fun.

• Members

RHOP

Meanwhile...the Austin trip continues. And it was a pretty good episode. It was great to see them in groups and different combos. And yet for all that fun, there was a dark cloud over everything that points to the problem again in this group.

And that name...is Gizelle.

And the same thing is...there was a moment where Gizelle DID have a little bit of fun. And she could have kept going. Her and La Dame on good terms is always going to be a ki ki. But again...she had to go left. And by left, she was starting to spend a NEW narrative. A darker narrative. Given the online debate on colorism with this cast, the last thing I feel Gizelle should have mentioned that she was getting death threats...something that Candiace herself had been dealing with years earlier...to deaf ears at the time. Given the ongoing debate, I just don't feel it is a good move. Also not a good move was the fact that she was talking to La Dame about this rather than sitting down with Candiace to discuss it woman to woman. It makes it again appear that Gizelle is being calculating and dare I say it...a Karen? It was just a bad look all around for me.

Not a bad look...was the continuing saga of The Ditzy Bitca. Juan's Roommate finally had a breakdown from people coming from her and winding up on the curb. Meanwhile, Candiace actually felt sorry about how their friendship was. She even seem open to mending fences. So did the Roommate in fact. Until...GIZELLE. Just ugh. And then that last scene with her and Juan...I wish I could feel sorry for her, but she's in a hell of her own making. And even with her friends and 'friends' trying to open her eyes...she's just too blind to see. 

Did I mention this episode was fun? LOL!!! Ashley with the Chicken Bingo. La Dame and her allergies to chicken and how she reacted oh so La Dame. Mia with some one-liners. Wendy and the singer. La Dame not being able to swim during kayoing...she even had a FUN moment with Gizelle and Roommate Robyn. See? It is possible for this group to get along...if they wanted to. But there was only one person who kept trying to keep the drama going...GIZELLE. 

Either she needs to stop...or a clever takedown season needs to take place. 

LA DAME. La Dame continue to prove that she's game for anything to keep this group together. Cuz her, Ashley, and the chicken bingo. lol. I mentioned that kayoying with her, Gizelle, and Robyn. And we know she's good with Candiace and Wendy. Even with Mia. We haven't seen much with NeckHo yet, but we know it's coming.

GIZELLE. I can't with her. She's really the main person keeping things nasty and I don't like it. This episode just highlighted for me because she CAN be fun when she lets herself be. But she's so hellbent on getting rid of Candiace and Wendy...ugh. I would think someone so clearly smart would be able to see that her best shot at a good show would be showing resolution or compromise...especially since she's NOT the injured party. She clearly took that read Candiace gave her personally. She best be careful or she'll get another bomb dropped on her a la Monique S5 reunion.

ASHLEY. Ashley, Ashley, Ashley. She started this season stirring the pot. And now...she's planning chicken bingo and doing Tik-Tok videos? Yeeeeah, I am going to need a little more. Thankfully, that appears to be on the way by foreshadowing the Michael Darby court case hanging over Candiace's head that is also over Ashley and her dynamic with Candiace.

MIA. LORD...she was doing every and any thing to be in a scene even when it had nothing to do with her. Cuz her and Roommate are not that close for her to be running outside to see if she was okay. lol. But...at least she's willing to be around anybody though I guess.

WENDY. It's funny how Wendy never messes a moment to take a pot shot at Mia...very much like how La Dame does the same with that Roommate...lol. That said...it was good to see the NeckHo feud in the background and Wendy just having fun with the girls. Speaking of...

NECKHO. GIRL, SHUT UP. Speaking on the dynamic without knowing the history.

CANDIACE. It was sad seeing how she feels about a friendship with Robyn Roommate. But...she at least seems willing to mend the fence. I don't feel she's worth it, but it is what it is. And the conflict with Ashley is there...just bubbling beneath the surface. Not to mention another Gizelle attack. They really do keep her relevant when she's really not doing anything, but being around. And I loved her shoutout to the 'Kurn wig' during the group birthday confessional to La Dame.

ROOMMATE. I don't even have the words that I haven't said already but this point. I'm as tired as Juan at the end of the episode I guess. 

It was a good episode, but I can't believe it's on break. lol. 

• Members

Interesting, felt the total opposite except for Kristen which I agree. Honestly the ladies aren’t even falling over black out drunk like everyone says is all they used to do and that is working for me. Even Dorinda whom I was reminded why I hate her in episode 1, wasn’t so bad by 2 and 3.

• Members

Karen is the MVP this season. I know I'm biased, but it's true. Even if she's not 'close" to as many people as alliance-collector Gizelle, she is an anchor for the audience. She also keeps it from getting too toxic. Ashley seems tickled by her, and I notice Nneka, when she isn't busy bad-mouthing Wendy, sticks close to Karen. Even though I suspect Production told Gizelle and Karen to kiss and make up two years ago, I do think Gizelle is another one who is constantly amused by Karen and understands now that she is needed for the show. The way she was slapping her butt on her birthday as she came over with 'gifts' snaffled from room service. 

The divide in the group, however, is hurting the show. Gizelle, Robyn and Ashley want Candiace and Wendy GONE and it is so obvious they are icing them out. I notice on social media that everybody except Karen, Wen and Candygal went out for dinner yesterday. Even Mia and Nneka were invited! It must be reunion soon so Giz got them all together to compare notes and formulate a game plan?

"I done nothing to y'all' sobbed Robyn in the car. This was Robyn's big moment to bring the audience on-side. I don't know how it went down with everyone else, but since I've watched the show, Robyn has been a typical bully's sidekick. She's gleefully gotten her kicks in on Ashley (S2), Monique, Karen, Wendy and Candiace once Gizelle decided they would be the target. She loves a gang-up. And now that she gor caught out with the Patreon and her exclusive deets of Juan's infidelity, some of the women are like 'It's your turn now.' Juan clearly resents her for putting it all on TV, but they also made the choice to play along with it for now.

Nneka is so laser-focused on Wendy. You can tell she came on to bring her down, and that's why I can't warm to her at all. Even though I'm not a Wendy stan either. I just feel bad that she's targeted for another year.

Gizelle... sigh. Is Production's Fave really so needed on this show anymore? Is it time for her to exit stage left? I go back and forth on this.