Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Couldn't agree with you more. I loved the reboot, even though I didn't expect to. Like you, I would keep the cast as is (yes, even Kerin and Saiyena) and build around that.

Sai, as @Soaplovers pointed out, is deeply insecure. She couldn't stop hopping around Brynn's party trying desperately to antagonise Jessel -- and failing miserably. The supreme irony of it all when she was caught doing what she accused Jessel of -- lying.

Erin is a narcissistic dimwit who has somehow convinced herself that she is Bethenny Frankel -- without the hustle or the brainpower. Can't wait for this self-absorbed loudmouth to get read for filth at reunion.

Jessel was a delight. I had her primed as a one-season wonder from the trailer. Somewhere in episode 3, she leaned into self-absorbed kookiness and was off and running. Do i think Jessel was actually intimidated by Sai and Erin? Yes, i do, but she also has a measure of self-worth and clearly told herself 'I'm not going to let those two dumb b!tches faze me.' She and Pavit make a great team.

Jenna was a very unusual RH in being so introverted and OCD, and I liked that. She has basically said she probably won't return to the show next season, which is a shame. Just the outs in her contract riled up the other woman.

Bookworm Brynn definitely grew on me, but I hope next season she cools it a little with the breathy boy-crazy stuff. That was a neat RH trick she pulled exposing Sai; a part of me wondered if she did that to encourage Jessel this is how you bring down the cackling hags.

I did wonder for a hot second if Ubah hid her relationship from the cameras because her Connecticut guy was either (a) married, ( b) filthy rich, or ( c) both! Parts of the audience were critical of the fact that Jenna and Ubah kept their private lives offscreen. For that matter, and for all her talk, I'm not sure we ever saw Brynn go on a date, did we?

• Replies 39.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

SLC

Yay! Finally caught up again!!!! Ugh at my work schedule. Yay at my editing schedule!

Perhaps it's because I had to be very scattershoted with my viewing over the last three weeks, but this last few episodes did not hold up for me like the first four episodes. I still found them good. And the ladies have found a rhythm that works for them while still keeping that chaotic vibe that SLC has been known to go by since Season 2. I think everyone here knows that I preferred the slow burn of Season 1 which I felt led to more mess. Still...it's been watchable.

And look at Mary!!!! She's been such a FOH a la Adriana. She has confessionals. She has stories (how you not know your son is married and STILL living in your house). She has good friendship scenes with Meredith where she actually glows. I like they are touching on (though they need to go in as only Mary can) on her reasons for keeping her distance from the other ladies...which reminds me of Mariah for a few years over on M2M. But she's still open to them...shown by her growing friendship with Monica which I LOVE. And I laughed at her brief phone call to Angie K which was a nice nasty shadefest. 

And now to the meat of the this set of episodes...Meredith vs Angie K. This feud came in hot from last year's reunion. And it has been giving moments. But now there's that rumor about Angie K's husband. And it's giving...thirsty. It seems like in Utah (as Monica touched on in her intro scenes) is full of secrets so it's hard to believe Angie K did not know about it. Why? Cuz EVERYONE knew about it. So I cannot help, but feel that Angie K is playing it up to keep her spot on the show. It allows her to play victim while at the same time giving her leeway to attack others re: Meredith, Monica. When in actuality the one she SHOULD be going after...is LITTLE GIRL. She's the one that's actually spreading it. But I don't feel that Angie K cares about anything but screen time. So...well-played on her part. Also well-played...the fact that Meredith is STILL living her best life by engaging when needed, but disengaging just to irk Angie K. And not invited to Angie's party? No worries! ALREADY...BOOKED.

Please register in order to view this content

Meredith has 3 seasons on Angie K so the heroine knows how to play the game. Their feud is definitely giving the season some legs. Go on.

MEREDITH. As mentioned above...as the person who hinted at Angie K having secrets, she's keeping herself relevant. Another thing keeping her relevant...her friendship with Mary!!! I love that they are geniune and have each other's back. I thought it was funny that Angie K thought Mary would come to her party if Meredith was not invited. Just ha! Also her friendship with Fabulous Ice is back on. And we all know Heather will be with the 'cool' girls and that fly out to LA for the GLAAD event...#winning 

LISA. So fabulous that Heather (with assist from Little Girl...ugh) had to resurrect some old jealousy using Lisa's son to do it. GIRL, BYE. Let Lisa's son alone. smh. I do like that this storyline about her son's mission is humanizing Fabulous Ice somewhat. But we still get moments through her rivalry with Monica. And typical SLC wife. Trying to get along with your rival, but not even hesitating to start mess with them later on by commenting on Monica's fight with her mom. Then again...how Heather.

HEATHER. I admit...I giggled when Heather mentioned she met Snoop Dogg. She really should stick to just being comic relief/Greek chorus. Otherwise, her true self really pops up. That true self. A PICK ME. Ooooo Fabulous Ice is sooo fabulous. Ooooo Fabulous Ice is taking my storyline. Ooooo Angie K likes me now. Just ugh. And while I felt for her kids, it was not anything. But you know...keep giving nothing I guess.

LITTLE GIRL. I LIVE for Monica dragging her at the bar after the trip. Who did she think she was? Shaming someone for being REAL. AUTHENTIC. Girl, go find something to give us. Picking on your husband who left religion and a job for you ain't it. 

ANGIE K. I hate to say it...but...just as much a Pick Me as Heather. The difference? She's giving something. We see her family. We see her wealth...cuz one dollars bills totalling millions just casually throw at a party? WEALTH. She has a hot husband. She has a culture not looked into. And she's not afraid to be messy. Or shady. She also has storyline. Her rivalry with Meredith. Her friction with her friend Monica (who ate her up). Her storyline with the husband. So she's at least giving SOMETHING. I...might come around given she fumbled her potential last sesason.

MONICA. ALL THE POTENTIAL!!! I saw online apparently wanted to make a thing about her having that fight with her mother as if they have never fought with a parent. Uhhhh NO. Her mother was clearly gaslighting her at the wrong moment to. The episode before this week's already shown they have a fun, but complicated history. And Monica has continued to be transparent about that. She has also continued to stand up for herself so I loved her dragging Little Girl as well as 'get...your...fingers...out...of...my...face' (so want a gif hehe). And I LIVE for her and Mary. That said...I did notice she kept changing the rumor story on Angie's husband. And that might come back to bite her at the reunion.

Liking this season, but color me shocked. But like @Cheap21 said, that could be some good story, good drama, and enough Mary to keep me happy.

• Members

RHONY

Ubah- she needs to talk to her cousin because she was a fail as a housewife.  And she should be mad at Sai..not Erin for the boyfriend slip and why was she joking about slapping her boyfriends?  She has the makings of an abusive partner.

Erin - she stirred the pot, was defensive, lied, and made mountains out of molehills...she's housewife material.

Jessel - she defended herself well..but I have a feeling Andy isn't too happy that she only moved to NYc for the show..if rumors are true.

Brynn- please don't have a kid...you're not mature enough to raise one.

Jenna - she needs to stand up for herself...maybe Brynn can help her with that.

Sai - backtrack queen.

I hope part 2 is better 

• Members

RHONY reunion Part 1 was awkward and incoherent -- a bit like Ubah. I don't know which producer (or cousin -- looking at you, Chanel Ayan) got into her ear, but the fear of being fired took over and Ubah decided she was going to put on a SHOW.

The only problem is, her interjections were so random and out of the blue that they flopped. After one of her many, MANY "But Jenna" moments, Andy side-eyed her and cut her off. Uh oh, you in danger, girl. I'm starting to wonder if she'll be back next season. She was all over the place and couldn't keep her rehearsed reads in order. It pains me to write that, but it's true. IMO the reason she gunned for Jenna was because Jenna contractually negotiated her outs, but Ubah didn't, and now Bravo is mad that she kept Mr. Connecticut hidden. 

Jessel outwitted Basic Homegirl and Sai Smuggins without breaking a sweat. I will say that, largely because of Ubah's implosion, Sai acquitted herself relatively well, as awful as she is. Erin is a dingbat who has to have jokes explained to her. Interesting that she likened the show to sorority hazing -- which she thinks of as complimentary. That says it all.

Brynn gave as good as she got, and Jenna is an interesting, authentic character. I hope she is back next season.

• Members

That was jarring and kind of a cruel tease. First, you air the NYC we've got. Then you air the NYC we actually want. At least they're aware the audience misses them enough to switch out the RHUGT airings to have NYC Legacy first. 

So I think overall, I saw about 6 episodes of NuRHONY (the first 3; the last 2-3) and so I watched the reunion, and yeah, Ubah took all the wrong cues and tried to make all these random "side bombs" work and it all fell flat and made it awkward. There's a time and place for everything, and she misfired with every outburst. 

I think I called it for myself when I watched the first episode and I stand by my first instinct: Sai has an annoying voice and really thinks she's something when she isn't. I'm not surprised she became the person viewers dislike the most. I don't even know all the dynamics of Jessel's marriage, but I do know that I love how she always keeps a calm demeaner when she's handling those cackling hag haters. The more she stays calm, the more irked the haters become. That's a good skill to maintain so props to her. 

That's all I got on them. Tomorrow we return to Beverly Hills!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

What a mess. I will say Brandi has a point in that bad behavior gets rewarded on these shows. Kinda icky that Bravo producers encouraged her in UGT 4 to give them another round that she gave in UGT 2 and now she's caught holding the bag on both.  She's not innocent, but she's not completely guilty.