Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

LVP is launching a new show called Vanderpump Villa which sounds like Below Deck on land and in a fabulous French villa. This one has a 10 episode order and airs on Disney owned Hulu:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/lisa-vanderpump-new-hulu-show-french-villa-1235510476/

Interesting that it is not airing on an NBC/Bravo/Peakcock property. LVP has done work with Disney before

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OC's first episode felt, to quote Mario Singer's love song to Ramona, "effortless" -- a hark back to RHOC's glory days when I didn't have to put in effort to be entertained.

Production knowingly referenced RHOC's relatable touchstones (thankfully at the expense of any mandated focus on ostentation). A double-date in a bowling alley. Jenn the humble yoga instructor. Gina and Emily chauffeuring the kids to the local drive-thru. OC still looks great, it just also exists as a living, breathing entity.

I always liked Tamra and Eddie's S8 house. It's the perfect size, nicely designed and full of light. A few years ago, Tamra said that the loss of the Bravo cheque hit the Judges financially. They downsized their spending, sold off larger properties, and focused on e-commerce as it was long clear that CUT Fitness was not going to make it. Tamra's common sense is rare in the RH world, but it still has a place on RHOC. The lesson is that you actually don't have to live like Heather Dubrow to contribute laughs and drama.

And speaking of Heather.... I did not realize her and Terry were in LA permanently now.

RHONJ:

I wish I could dispute what you are saying about Teresa, but I can't. Tre is unable to nail the crux of her beef with the Gorgas. As a result, the hideous left couch is playing her like a fiddle (as is Luis). She actually could make salient points about the Gorgas gaslighting and using her for years -- but she is unfocused and incapable.

Luis stalking around topless in some Law of the Jungle BS he stole from an MLM course is crazy. He manipulates & controls Teresa completely. (At least with Juicy, it was an equal meeting of the minds). I wouldn't like to think what Luis would do if he ever lost that control, but his desperation is IMO dangerous for all concerned.

The most watchable part was the Nice Jewish Girls segment. Jenn Fessler's surgery looks great -- she is ready for her close-up next season. Jackie come across well, too.

Poor Danielle is a deer in the headlights. She has convinced herself that she has no leverage without the patronage of an existing cast-member. That lack of confidence in herself is sad to see.

Jennifer has exhausted her supply of pre-scripted soundbites. Dolores is completely over it all and, I must say, so am I.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Timing is everything. This show was likely pitched and greenlit for development before Scandoval. At that time, VPR was on the bubble in terms of renewal. Bravo/NBCU probably passed on Villas, thinking VPR wasn't going to make it. 

How things have changed. Plus a Below Deck-meets-VPR hybrid would have been a natural to premiere on Bravo.

LOL, the Coven's WhatsApp chat must be lighting up right about now. American Woman who? Harry Loves Lisa who?

• Members

I will always remember Aviva being forced by production to take that flight to St Barts, and then promptly exploding at Ramonja ("You're both white trash, quite frankly") after getting to the villa. 

• Members

That was the first thing I noticed on Sunday’s ATL when they did that epic “previously on” recap taking us back to 2011… they edited Nene out of the open peach shot, not to mention any scenes with her were slightly zoomed in to crop her out. 

Please register in order to view this content

But anyhow, Sunday's episode was really good; the first really good show this season. It'll be interesting to see how this divide amongst the group plays out. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I think it has to do with her lawsuit. Neither side is gonna talk but I wouldnt be surprised if part of the terms is tht they cant profit off of Nene and that would include using her likeness in new material airing on Bravo

and in NJ news, Melissa is openly shading Teresa's kids

• Members

We are in an odd place ethically as a society if we value cultural relevancy over racial equality.  I applaud Nene for taking a stand and fighting for the rights of black women to be represented and compensated fairly in a genre of entertainment that has made white men rich off of exploiting the lives of minority women.

• Members

NJ

I do not see how production fires the Gorgas...they were logical and the vast majority of the cast is on their side.

Luis and Teresa are such blatant liars. They call Gia to dispute Joe's allegation, then the moment they are backstage they say to Andy that Gia could have said what Joe claims, it's just that he misinterpreted it...knowing that there's every possibility their lies get exposed. 

The Bo Deitl stuff is so weird. The Frankie Jr. stuff is so weird. Luis is so weird. It will all end in ruin for Teresa. And she has it coming. 

Dolores was in panic mode when they were talking about Luis and Frankie Jr. She is usually so calm and it was strange to see her throw.  

Jennifer Ayden and Bill are either going to get a divorce very soon or they're fine. I don't know with them because a lot of their behaviour feels put on (especially Jennifer's praise for the state of their marriage now).

Margaret and Jennifer seemingly burying the hatchet seemed to be an acknowledgment by both of them that they want to stay on this show and they know that if they don't get along one of them is getting the boot. I think Luis' threats to Margaret secured her spot for next season. 

John Fuda secured Rachel's spot for next season. I love that he would not flinch or back down even one iota. Luis should be concerned about him because John showed up at that reunion armed with facts. 

• Members

LVP is launching her third restaurant with the Caesar's group. This one will be located in Lake Tahoe, on the Nevada side of the lake, and it will be known as Wolf by Vanderpump:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12191709/Lisa-Vanderpump-slated-grow-restaurant-empire-new-Lake-Tahoe-outpost-Wolf-Vanderpump.html

This type of venture has to be far easier than what she's done with her Los Angeles restaurants where she was dealing with landlords and soaring commercial rents and all the direct management. I imagine she is not involved in any of the management and dealing with employees and the like. She simply licenses her name, creates the interiors, and assists in developing the menu.