Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Louis has so many red flags, and they are already boiling to the surface. Is this another LuAnn/Tom moment? Grand wedding and even grander divorce?

I think Theresa is a bad judge of character. Her “best friend” Jennifer is a soldier using her for air time. She has exiled her entire family, whose only concerns was the first husband’s shady actions that put her in prison. 

…and now she has drummed up her daughters as her soldiers. This story can only end badly. 

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

RHONJ Teresa's Getting Married was by far the best episode of this season, which I know isn't saying much. But having watched NJ since S1, it felt full circle-ish. In many ways, it would be a great launch for a spin-off show featuring Teresa and her blended family and friends. Her personality was so much lighter, happier and unguarded l this episode than it has been in years on RHONJ. What is also clear is how much she adores her dorters and they adore her. The Siempre Insieme embroided on her veil in reference to her parents was also poignant.

Putting my concerns about Red Flag Louie to one side for a moment, he seemed equally thrilled to be marrying her, and something about his family resembled Teresa's wider family circle back in the day.

Having followed the wedding clips on social media last year, I wish we could have seen more of Chanel Ayan, Phaedra, Ashley, Alexia, Kenya, Jill, Dorinda and the other RH guests. This could have been another RHUGT, lol 

I agree with @AMCHistory that Jennifer is coming across a strategic ally rather than friend -- although on social media, their families, including the kids, seem naturally very close and intertwined. 

Marge was the grey rain-cloud boohooing through the ceremony about Joe & Mel in order to secure more airtime. Lady, go get your mom (whom you banned from attending this wedding) and go join your BFFs without the cameras.

Joe & Melissa blitzing social media with their 'This is way better than a stoopid wedding!' tantrum was just as petty, tacky and gaslighty as you'd expect from those two jealous morons. They're the ones who chose not to come. 

• Members

I think that once Drew & Ralph's divorce starts to gather pace, ratings will go up. This is RHOA's 'unexpected scandal' moment which Bravo needs (and plans) to capitalise on. I haven't caught yesterday's episode yet, but thus far, Drew has been playing fake happy families on screen. This is the problem with Drew: she could be GREAT, but she's just good, because everyone's blind grandma can see that she is play-acting. Once she lets go of that, Drew could really go places on this show.

And this may be the problem with this season's cast. It is a good cast but it's not great by the standards of RHOA's golden era which lingers in the minds of the audience. Last season's reunion didn't have as much momentum going into this season as we've enjoyed in reunions past.

In a wider context, I think the show is still suffering from losing Porsha and firing Cynthia. Kenya has been curiously underpowered this season thus far. Sanya is ok but making classic newbie mistakes as she lets Sheree and Marlo use her against Kandi. And I agree with Kenya's latest Tweet: Marlo should not be a Real Housewife. For whatever reason, she's not up to it. She is doing too much and her acting is so poor. That tantrum she threw at Candiace's concert was cringe.

Despite all my criticism, i am actually really enjoying this season a lot. In addition to Drew's personal story percolating, another thing that has me intrigued is people going after Kandi and pointing out how she's swept stuff under the carpet. IMO this is long overdue. Kandi does great things for her community but she does have a few skeletons, and if others' get exposed, so should hers. Otherwise it is yet another season of Todd bitching about Kandi not having enough time for him.

Courtney is Yovanna 2.0. 

• Members

I really agree with the bold. I like Kandi a lot, but she has swept anything under the carpet that she doesn't like. I am a believer that if people want to be on these shows then they should be prepared for their lives to be exposed out in the open. Otherwise, Kandi is boring to me and I really don't want to have another season of Todd complaining about how busy she is. 

I disagree about Marlo though. I enjoy her. What I saw her doing with Drew was saying, 'why aren't you saying on camera that it's a shooting because that's what it was' because of her personal gripe with Kandi over her relative's death...Marlo is over the top when it comes to dealing with everything, but at least she's giving us something to watch. 

Kenya remains a really ugly hearted bitch. When she admitted that the football game is sponsored by her haircare company I had to laugh. She's literally producing her own storyline. Zero organic with this one.

Drew's marriage imploding needs to happen fast. 

• Members

I'm not sure Bravo wanted to give Kandi the reins of power over on RHOA, but Kandi worked hard for that quasi-EP status! When season 10 introduced a largely non-black production team, Kandi advocated until she got a more representative crew. Kandi reportedly has a great law firm backing her (unlike Nene and Kim Zolciak) so when she and the lawyers negotiate with Bravo, she gets paid her worth. Kandi demands that Bravo treat her like a peer, and in return Bravo gets first pass at the TV projects she pitches.

However, it seems to me that since season 9 (when she saw off Phaedra, Carlos King, and any future SL detrimental to her image), Kandi has been able to call all the shots, and that absolute power creates injustices and resentment among co-workers. 

Like you, IA that these HWs must be prepared to deal with public scrutiny. Some things have to be, and will be, exposed. When you use your clout to sweep sh!t under the carpet, that's when you lose your audience. The 'cover-up' becomes almost worse than the crime.

I haven't seen the most recent episode so I reserve judgment on how I will view Marlo after watching it. But I take your point about Marlo keeping the drama going when Sheree, Kenya et al., are not really bringing it. Certainly, Marlo has left a few of her castmates triggered after Sunday's show:

• Members

RHONJ

Melissa is an idiot and isnt seeing the bigger picture here. She has such a hard on for Teresa that she doesnt realize that this is the final straw for her. Teresa sees it which is why she keeps reiiterating that this reunion is the last time she will ever deal with her. She is putting it out there for Bravo that the sho can not continue with the both of them.

What Melissa should have done was turn on Margaret. Danielle and Jennifer set it up perfectly for her but she didnt take the bait. Next season should be Melissa vs Margaret and ultimately Marge's takedown. Have Melissa team up with Jennifer and even had an onscreen confrontation with Laura to find out exactly what Marge was saying about her. It would be something different and new. It also would be the first time Teresa wasnt in the hotseat and we might get more of the Teresa from RHUGT. Lowkey it would also serve as a tester to start to transition the show away from Teresa while still maintaining drama. Melissa was too dumb to think of this though

She probably did kiss that guy but my thing is if Joe knows (which he likely does), then who cares? I think she is so protective of her image but if it didnt end her marriage then I dont think its that big of a deal. Im ready for Melissa to be sloppy and messy and fight dirty with Margaret. Be vulnerable, own her ish and maybe even make up with Teresa as they join forces against Marge. This would have been such a juicy storyline. Margaret is the true villian of this show

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I don't see how Jersey can go forward with this current batch of women. Melissa or Teresa must go. And if we're going by who has provided more, Teresa deserves to stay, which she pointed out last night. 

I say move forward with the current six and select between either Jackie or Jen Fessler to take Melissa's spot. I'd then suggest that Laura be brought on to fill the friend role of either woman that was promoted. 

I know Andy wants to bang Joe Gorga, but he needs to think with his big head instead of a little one. Keeping Tre and her family together on this show together is going to kill this show. 

The ONLY way I wanna endure another season of the Gorgas is if we bring the Wakiles out of the mothballs. Why? Because Kathy, Rosie, and Rich have a bone to pick with the Gorgas, and I bet top dollar that they know where all the bodies lie. I keep saying that Teresa needs to make up with Kathy, drag her back on the show, and get her to spill every heinous act Melissa and Joe have committed on this show.