• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

RHOMelbourne

I’ve made it to season 3 and the birth of Lydiot.

Please register in order to view this content

I actually first saw most of season 3 when Bravo aired it years ago on like Saturday afternoons.

I forgot boring Susie jumped right into the drama. 

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

BH

Hehehe. Tell it, Garcelle!!!

I've been behind as well, but it's from the finale where I believe Shannon had a theme party and they did a show together...that fans really seem to like though they said the finale was meh. 

I'm gonna finish out the season because while the middle is boring, the cast is suppose to gel by their next cast trip and Heather vs Noella is going to heat up. I'm sorry the finale got really low ratings and that reunion trailer doesn't look good but it sounds like the cast will find its footing. 

Hehe. You remind me that I need to start my binge as well. Tubi has been calling me all week to start. So happy they picked up the majority of the international housewives shows.

• Members

@Cat @Taoboi @DaytimeFan Watching season 3 of Melbourne now and I kind of have whiplash at how quickly all the girls turned on Lydia and she became the villain. I guess a lot of stuff must’ve gone on in the off season before season 3. I still don’t know why Susie has such a hard on for Lydia.

Pettifleur is really something else.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

I have a prediction that the next Ultimate Girl's Trip spinoff on Peacock is going to be cast with the over 21 year old daughters of various casts.  Lead by Gia Guidice, and may include Shannon Beador's oldest,  (RHoNY) Ramona's daughter, (RHoA) Cynthia's daughter, the grand dame of Potomac's little girl, and maybe one of (RHoBH) Kyle's daughters.

• Members

They are all back.

And I've been enjoying seeing the new season on Tuesday on Bravo so thank God. 

I think that would be especially cool given the format allows for them to talk about what it would be like to be filmed on a reality tv...especially with such dramatic moms. 

• Members

RHOP

Love every moment of it.

The spotlight was on La Dame, hunni!!! And for me, she was spectacular!!! Did @VirginiaHamilton watch? hehe.

I almost wanted to watch the episode later because it's been a rugby weekend for me. But I could use the break from the hot men and focus on La Dame Grande. I know there are plenty of people who felt she could not carry a show without the others in the DMV. But I felt she has enough of a personality to carry something as short of this (2 episodes...though after tonight I would have mind 5 episodes top just because I felt we were getting a lot and even I found it hard to keep up with the family tree). She...did not disappoint.

Legacy. As black people, yes, that can be a big thing. Especially when your family goes back centuries. And La Dame was not wrong. Most families...it usually takes something bad like a funeral to get people to regroup. I know my family on my father's side tries to do family reunions as best they can. But we all have such different lives even though a bunch of us are grouped around St. Louis and Arkansas respectively. That was why I did like being best man in my brother's wedding (though he scheduled it around my bday...the only time he knew I would be off guaranteed hehe). I got to see a lot of my late father's side of the family and we got so many pictures. And I was kinda sad another of my cousins was engaged because I knew I would not be around for the wedding. This was all pre-pandemic, but I was happy to hear they did get married. I have another cousin who still tries to get us together as best she can...my cousin I always mention here since she and I usually watch RHOA and RHOP across time zones. This year she has been following her lifelong dream to be a nurse and I've been cheering her on for years so it's been great to see her going after her dreams and accomplishing them while staying humble. Love her. But I went off on a rant. LOL. The point was...we as black families do tend to get together for black news, but good news...??? So good to see her trying to organize something. 

And let me start with La Dame's family. Sorry to not see her son wasn't around for this. But OMG her daughter!!!! She has really, really grown. And look where she's been. Globetrotting bringing fashion just like her mama. And she was such a fun mini-Kuurren while staying humble. And Ray...was Ray. And hahahaha at him and La Dame being stronger than ever with the family reunion dancing. And wait...it's been a minute...did we know this was La Dame's SECOND marriage? I feel like it was briefly mentioned.

As for her extended family. I liked them a lot. Ms. Val though with her guns...

Being from Arkansas, other I hollered at them and the names. And Le Dame with the caterer kikiing over Ms. Val having a man who was 20 years younger...and her son's reaction since they were friends...oops. Messy. lol.  But her son is messy, too, doing that swerve to wake up his sisters. And I love that they want to stay around the farm and keep it going. Stay in the family.

And who didn't have that uncle who you and your sibling have to double team on. Just saying.  

It was just so relatable to me. And resonating so well. 

Bonus...I love Gizelle and Wendy were out there promoting the show.  

• Members

Well @Antoyne I don't know how far you have gotten with S3, but Lydia was definitely given the villain edit that season. Part of it was her own fault -- Lydia is a terrible gossip who passes around a lot of rumors, some of them damaging. But Production was keen to bring her down that season, hence the hiring of Susie (who, yes, is kind of dull but I've seen worse HWs). She had a long history with Lydia and was determined to destroy her. I believe she even hired one of Lydia's housekeepers away from her?? In Rich People's World, that is equivalent to a declaration of war.

I won't give anything away, but one of Lydia's rumors earned her AND Foxtel a cease-and-desist letter from some lawyers. The rumor is inferred, though not directly, on the show, at a big showdown in Dubai. We can talk about it when you've seen the episodes in question, LOL.

Honestly, Pettifleur was so exhausting to watch. I much preferred her replacement, Venus, in S4. An underappreciated newbie.

Edited by Cat