Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Why would a nationally established charity lie on her though? There is more to this story. The authenticity of those texts could very well be questioned. I'm not saying she didn't pay but there has to be a third element we are missing. I'm sure people will somehow blame this on Nene, but she didn't write that article nor even post it. Why would SOD lie if the proof is that simple to obtain? Nene may be important to them but they have MANY celebrity backers, Nene Leakes (or any celebrity really) would not be worth risking their credibility.

• Members

They did say she donated $500, so they weren't lying about that.

Her text says "as well," which, if it's valid, means they were acknowledging to her that she gave more than just her donation.

I had a problem with that initial statement because so much of it read like a press release for Nene and took forever to get to the point of what Kenya did. And now this comes out, which doesn't do them any favors if it's true.

I don't think it's Nene's fault, it's on them, jumping into the middle of this mess.

• Members

The thing is I only see one donation receipt and it's for a donation they acknowledged (500.00). The real blow would have been the receipt for the ball donation.

SOD, at the moment, appears to be behaving shady-like - why remove the praise Nene, side-swipe Kenya letter if it wasn't inaccurate?

ETA:

Yeah, but I do wish she also showed the receipt for the bigger donation.

I wonder what's Nene's point in bringing up that the party happened in September 2013 (on Twitter)? None of the texts read to me like they were supposed to be from before the party.

• Members
Saving Our Daughters is no longer a charity the IRS revoked their 501 © (3) status in August.....

And not only did Saving Our Daughters remove their statement, Nene deleted her tweets about it....

Kenya also says she has more check receipts..... I dont see how she could doctor those text messages when they're clearly from October. She is currently in Nigeria so she was asleep when the news broke.

Edited by Eric83

• Members
The $500 could have been HER personal donation. Not necessarily the money from the event. This guy in the texts is clearly acknowledging the legitimacy of the event as well as the fact that he spoke to Nene about it. Edited by Eric83

• Members

The other thing that got me with that charity's statement was when they said Nene had given "thousands of dollars." I just don't know why that was necessary. It's just awkward. And the immediate question was, "How many thousands of dollars?" instead of, "I'm glad Nene has done so much for the charity."

They shouldn't have gotten involved in this, unless Kenya was refusing to respond to them, or something. Even then, you'd think Bravo would have.

Oh I agree with you about the $500. What I was saying was that they did at least say she gave $500. I just wonder if they were telling about all the rest.

• Members

Kenya didn't post anything the minute "the news broke." It's about 8 or so hours after the news broke. If somebody came at me like SOD came at Kenya, I'd be getting them receipts fast too. Most of that stuff you can find on your phone and in your online checking account in minutes. I really hope she has the receipt for the bigger donation from the ball.