Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

New Jersey needed a reboot two seasons ago and they knew it. I don't understand why they went into the current season wi thout any changes. You can't center a season around a rumor of something that may or may not have happened years ago with all of this happening off screen. It was different with Cop with a Badge because it was a book and we know there was truth to it. I felt the same way about NJ last season. WHO CAREs if Melissa was a stripper? This stuff should be summed up in an reunion question like when Nene was revealed as a stripper. Beyond that, you had the EXACT same stories in circles and it was unwatchable. I can't believe they survived last season.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I would agree that both NJ and NY need to go -- or NJ cancelled and NY 'rested' until the magic chemistry that was Bethenny, Alex, LuAnn, Jill and Ramona is erased from our collective memories.

And Miami will probably be cancelled -- ratings are ratings. I am just bummed to be backing a losing horse. I love Adriana, Lea, Mama Elsa, Alexia, Karent, Lisa, all of them.

• Members

I read an interview where Aviva says the new season will be giving NJ and Atlanta a run for their money and there may be violence. They are getting desperate with NYC. I wonder with suhj a long hiatus will the show suffer any more ratings losses. Atlanta is the only series that actually gained over the previous season. OC has averaged about 1.9 million for the past 3 years so they are a reliable show for Bravo. And BH suffered a bit but I love them so they need to stay. Miami was good last year but I wouldn't miss them and NJ finale would have been fine a series finale.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

I still think season 4 of NYC was good and it did have good ratings. They should've taken the complaints and done a slight revamp, but not make the show seem like such a failure. Look how dark and crazy NJ has gotten and they refuse to make changes. They ruined a good thing with NYC.

• Members

Andy just needs to face facts that NY lost steam once:

• Bethenny flew the coop
  • he allowed that nasty piece of sh!t, Jill, to drive the tone of Bethenny's last season
  • he cut delusional Silex loose

As for NJ, I'm actually looking forward to a season without Chucky, as she's the one Housewife from that show that I've loathed since day one. Bonus points if they show Crouching Hairline Hidden Forehead and her canker sore of a husband getting the book the book thrown at them in court.

All I'll say about ATL is that the day that they make that worthless slore Marlo a Housewife is the day that I stop watching that show. I already have to put up with one bullying moose and I'll be damned if I sit through two of them.

Edited by VirginiaHamilton

• Members
yep! But which hoodrat are you referring to? Lol. No one will lose sleep if you drop ATL if Andy makes the wise decision to give Marlo a peach. That should have already happened. Thankfully she will at least make some appearances this upcoming season and I can't wait bc she's on fire on Nene's show

Although I want to know when the heck did Marlo ever bully anyone?

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

Do you think she's too different from most of the women on the show currently? I saw some of season 4 and I wondered if that was one of the reasons she wasn't asked back. They seem to be a little more...aggressive for TV, whereas she was very direct in a more real way.

• Members

I feel like Andy was pissed at her for saying the F-word during her argument with Sheree. Nene said she filmed with Marlo a bit during Season 5 and she was present at the finale party but we never got to see her. I guess Andy has gotten over that as Marlo was in some of the pictures Bravo released to tease for the new season.

• Members

MAMA ELSA!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

She's back! I missed her. She makes Marysol more interesting. And Mr. Patton and her have reconciled? Cuteness. I love old people in love. The only thing that worried me was how depressed she really seemed and her seeming denial that she had a stroke.

Alexia and Peter's issues are really interesting. Yes, maybe it is TMI for TV but at least it is real and not manufactured drama. Peter is so effed up but I am starting to feel a little sorry for him. He identifies himself with his mobster dad and so does Alexia in a way -- the vibe between Alexia and Peter is, uh, interesting. And very different from the one she has with Frankie.

No Lea?! And I'm starting to not really care about Lisa anymore. Isn't that awful? Lauren looks great as a woman and should really join the show. But that 'bachelorette party' -- oy. I love Adriana but burning that dress just proves she did more than have a quickie, hush-hush wedding at Town Hall.

I can kind of see why people have abandoned RHoM, even though I enjoy it. Viewers can smell fakery a mile away and 80% of SLs on RHoM feel totally faked as opposed to partially derived from reality as they do on most other RH shows. And the Romain/Joanna scene capped it all off. I think I saw more of Joanna's ladybits than her ob-gyn at one point. So much for wanting to protect her image like she told Adriana. Romain is insanely hot, but that scene was just a big, fake tease.

OT but in Joanna's VT where she has that lion mane of hair, she looks a-mazing. Adriana looks fab with her hair down in her VT, too.

• Members

Marlo WON the costume contest at the party Kenya threw for the season 5 finale. By cutting that, it speaks volumes. SHe was clearly blacklisted and it was stupid. Everything Marlo said in the classic season 4 reunion came true! And she wasn't there to enjoy that! Plus, I feel that she was more relatable to the ladies so the reactions felt real. Her stuff with Kim and Kandi was natural because they were dealing with real issues. Kenya doesn't work for me because we know she's acting and THEY know she's acting so nobody really pays her much mind. How long can we play the "Crazy Kenya" story? And then Porsha is just too out of her element to make an impact.

• Members

I agree, Eric. Andy was pissed because Marlo said the "f-word" and punished her for it; however, Nene found a loophole, her spinoff, to bring Marlo back and Andy had to realize the star Marlo is. The woman brings drama and the fans love her.

Yeah, Marlo might be a hoodrat/ratchet to some but dammit she looks fabulous doing it.

My mantra for life--the ratchet/righteous rule. Not everyone can be righteous and someone has to be ratchet. They provide balance and make the world go round.

Onto RHOM:

I keep saying this but downsizing the cast backfired. Fans liked/love to hate Karent & Ana. Scrapping them & mainly focusing on Lea/Joanna v. Adriana is killing the show. Plus, the absence of the beloved Mama Elsa is killing the show too. I doubt Ana or Karent will rejoin so if there is a next season, Andy needs to find new HWs that'll really spice up the cast.

Suggestion, reach out to ex-BB Wives/FL citizens Royce Reed, Jennifer Williams, or Laura Govan. Jennifer & Laura will have already established relationships with the Bravo audience by being on Nene's spinoff. I'd go even further by wooing Marlo, who is a FL native, to Miami. She'll bring fans & the drama. Heck, offer Gretchen a spot on RHOM. Do a crossover. She's friends with Marysol & Gretchen has a following. This show can be salvaged with the right cast.

Furthermore, I feel that Bravo needs to stop pairing its strongest shows together--RHOA & RHOBH. IMO, Bravo should take the 3 strongest shows (RHONJ included) and pairing each one with a weaker show. Put RHOM (the weakest franchise) with RHOA (the strongest). RHONJ & RHONY together. RHOBH & RHOC together. Air the shows at the same time/same night and ratings may improve.

Onto Aviva's comment, RHONY was only on the same level as RHOA its 3rd season with the "Scary Island" saga. After that season & Bethenny left, the show plummeted. I doubt this season will pop like s3 of RHONY did or match Atlanta.