Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

This season sucks for Miami. The combination of 5 makes no sense and Marysol has appeared enough that she needs to be a housewife. The lack of supporting characters has also hurt the show. It seems too isolated and focused on just the weddings and Lea vs Adriana with the only other major story being the fuckery with Alexia's family. I'm glad Alexia is back, but she needs to be one of 7 housewives, not one of 5. By having her as part of a smaller cast, that means we have to see more of her and it's just too cringeworthy to watch her family for extended periods of time. Anytime Peter is on screen I'm revolted.

I also think it was a HUGE HUGE mistake to get rid of Ana. If anything, they should've pushed for Ana vs Lea, not Lea vs Adriana. Adriana was a popular character for her and I think this story is damaging her too much. The way these shows are scripted I don't think we have the real story about Adriana's marriage. I feel like Lea knew about it and played along because it suited the original story Bravo wanted to tell.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It sucks about the low ratings because RHoM is in the top 3 of my favourite HW shows. I'd even put it at #2 after BH. In some ways I more invested at this point in Season 3 than at the same point in Season 2 when it was almost too many supporting players. Like Thomas Kramer and a lot of drag artistes fighting and it was kind of exhausting keeping track. Also, while I like Ana a lot right now, last year her SL was boretastic.

This year they have gone too far in the opposite direction and cut too much. I miss the housekeepers and mothers dispensing good advice. Mama Elsa having a stroke was terribly bad luck as I pretty much watch for her first and foremost. Still, I think Miami remains very viable with its current cast and, in some ways, S3 has allowed me to appreciate Lea Black and Alexia's SLs more whereas last year they sort of got lost in the shuffle. Like I said, i still love these HWs -- which is more than I can say for NJ.

• Members

I didn't find Ana boring. Not too exciting, but good enough for a first season. I liked the different types of relationships she had with the ladies, that's where she had the most to offer. I LOVED seeing Ana with Joanna, because I thought she brought out a softer side to her.

• Members

It seems like Miami just can't catch a break. Last season was definitely better than this season, but the ratings weren't there because they stuck it on a Thursday night. The two or three episodes they did air on Monday night before BH (or was it Atlanta?) rated so much higher... but then they put it back on Thursday where ratings went back down. I don't know why Bravo didn't permanently put them on Monday where the ratings were higher.

Also, I think the only complaint the producers/Bravo heard last year from certain fans is there were too many supporting characters and housewives... and because the season was shorter than most other housewives shows, the viewers didn't get a chance to really know the housewives, their families, and their background. It truly was just party after party for the most part...

So they tried to fix that this year, but like someone else said, they went too far on the spectrum and now viewers think there is too much family backstory, not enough parties/supporting characters/etc. So once they landed a primetime spot on Mondays after OC, they basically ruined it with a boring season.

Maybe they'll finally get it right and all the stars will align for Season 4.... if they are renewed!

• Members

US Weekly is saying Caroline is deciding to leave RHONJ after five seasons. E! Online says the reason why will be revealed at the reunion and that she will remain with the Bravo family with her spinoff.

Pics from reunion.... Teresa looks MUCH better than last year. Love her dress hair and everything.

NUP_158139_0684.jpg

NUP_158139_0300.jpg

NUP_158139_0355.jpg

NUP_158139_0394.jpg

NUP_158139_0425.jpg

NUP_158139_0534.jpg

• Members

Wow those NJ Reunion pics look so gorgeous...very Miami/NYC quality like which I love.

The dresses look very good. Teresa's is a definite improvement but I don't know why she seems so fascinated with sparkly green dresses lately...LOL. Caroline and Jac look absolutely great. Kathy in black is amazing and even trashbox Melissa is looking on point.

Should be fun times!