Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This season of RHONJ is why you need to switch up the casts.. that is the one thing that RHOC has done very well. Though I think on RHOC that it is time for Gretchen and Slade to exit stage left.

I think the brief showing of Jennifer D. on RHONJ was cool since she was friends with Teresa and basically told Joe Gorga/Melissa that they aren't going to sell their house with the price as is. She seemed interesting.. shame she is just a friend of housewives.

Even though some fans have been annoyed with the Alexis and Jim scenes, watching season 1 through 3... this is how the housewife shows used to be structured. More scenes with the housewives with their families/lives.. very few scenes with all the housewives together.

Nowadays, it seems like all the women come together in every episode.. and you can tell how fake it will be. It was refreshing seeing some of the gatherings in the first 3 seasons of the housewives with very little cattiness. A perfect example was the season 2 barbeque where Slade brings a date just after he and Jo break up. All the women are telling her to not make a scene and make nice... and Jo politely says hello and is cordial then leaves the party. Nowadays, Jo/Slade/Slades date would be having a knock down fight with words and fists.

• Members

re: RHoNJ ratings -- good. I hope it gets Bravo to do something. Last season of RHoNY was 1000 times more watchable (especially when they were in St Barts) than RHoNJ in its current incarnation. I'd say ever since Danielle was jacked over for that googly-eyed bore Kaaaaaathy and fake-ass Melissa "My daddy always said I was gonna be a STAH!" Gorga, this show has been on a fast train hurtling downhill.

• Members

3 episodes and shown less than 10 minutes... All the more reason why they should've dumped her behind and spent that time building up a newbie. She doesn't add anything dynamic that would get people to watch. She drags out her gorilla sister at every chance because that's the only thing interesting or humorous about Kathy.

I'm glad NJ's number are slipping. A 3rd season of the same crap should not be rewarded.

• Members

Kathy is boring and a waste of a HW spot but its not her bringing down ratings its the overall tone of the show. Its the SAME thing that played out in Season 3 and 4 when you go so long with the same women and they have damaged relationships the interacting seems more and more forced. Its not entertaining. Iwish I could quit watching but I don't have the willpower some of you have :P If they plan on keeping these women for the rest of the show's run then they might as well retire it after this season.

• Members

The 18-49 rating, if that's what still counts, was .05. No idea if that's lower than their usual.

I had to laugh at the horror and shock of NY housewives staging scenes. Isn't that what most of today's reality shows are about? Didn't someone on this show (was it Jill or Kelly?) stage or invent scenes, or was that some other HW cast?

• Members

All the NJ GWs are boring and doing the same shiot, its called balance and NJ doesnt have any. Kathy's HW spot is in no way preventing Bravo from getting more HWs for NJ and they def need new blood added in.

• Members

I don't think it's ALL on Kathy by any stretch, but Kathy is a symptom of some of the stuff that needs fixing on this show. She doesn't have much to offer -- or she thinks she doesn't (I like her when she talks about her kids because I truly believe they are her pride and joy, and there is no shame in that), what with the 'tox and lip injections and jumping on Teresa's bandwagon with the "My family recipes are better than yours" stuff. FYI, almost every Italian fortysomething lady in the tri-state area think they are better cooks than their aunts/SILs/cousins/neighbors.

Is Teresa a major reason for the toxicity on this show? Absolutely. But Melissa, Caroline and Jacqueline need to hang their heads in shame, too, because they brought their brand of toxic to the table. HEverybody has participated in throwing their family to wolves in the name of the almighty $ and spurious fame.

Three things RHoNJ have gotten right this season thus far:

1. Getting Jacqueline away from the drama.

2. Milania. And Gia. Those two give me life.

3. Sidelining Albie/Chris/Greg/BLK water/some of Lauren. I can't with those kids.

P.S.: Why the name change CarlD / DRW50? :)

Edited by Cat

• Members

For real. The press sure loves to kick a horse when they're down. Didn't they explain that way back in season 2 of RHOA that they filmed the ladies leaving a table from a restaurant twice?

All the empty restaurants should be an indication that all these meetings are prepped and pre-planned, even for the most naive believers who think reality TV is 100% real. But then you have people who believe Teresa and Caroline's friendship ended over an Olive Garden comment in a cookbook and you realize how gullible people are (not here of course, Facebook land) :-)

• Members

Yeah as much as I love Teresa they ALL need to leave this show because the damage it has done is disgusting. My mother and aunt have a more toxic relationship than Teresa and Melissa and would NEVER go on television to broadcast it. I'm just over all of them really. I'd rather they retire NJ and launch a new city because seriously what more can they talk about?

I posted the NYC article because these women are so boring that I'm sure they are just going through the motions because Bravo didnt give them the raises they wanted.