OLTL: Discussion for the week March 22

• Members

Mitch's story started off great but now it's just fizzled into seven little subplots. We still don't know what Roxy's secret is. Why is Mitch obsessed with a baby? He ignores children who could be molded like his granddaughter Bree. We're supposed to believe Mitch has minions working tirelessly on his behalf but we never see anyone other than a nurse and now Alison Perkins. We lost the Cramer family schtick.

All we have left is Sierra Rose and crazy old teenager who just wants to screw Cristian and John's desire to screw Natalie.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It all fell apart just like this Mitch story. Its like no one is thinking about what comes next anymore but more like what comes first and that's it. I'm not so sure RC gets how to write for the return of characters.

• Members

They want to tell stories about certain characters, with shock value, and even the returns have to be all about them. They don't want to tell a Kelly story (if they did, they'd realize they need Kevin and Zane, rather than writing around their absence.) They want Gina Tognini on OLTL to support Todd/TSJ and John/ME. They want a Gigi and Rex story, so Mitch's return became all about Sierra Rose. Now they are trying to desperately wrap it up.

• Members

I'm so glad that Kim is on today but it is hard to 'invest' in her character now knowing that she is leaving.

And is Amanda Setton really pregnant? Seems that way and maybe that is why she didn't want to stick around with all the backstage crap going on. Why would she want to submit her own baby to the craziness that imitates h.s. jessica and mitch/alison. LOL

• Members

What's amazing is what appears to be remnants of the originally planned storylines still lingering onscreen. Schuyler was actually very sympathetic yesterday and today, the struggling "father" in distress, and yet we are to believe that in less than a week

Kim and her marriage to Clint are still around, and Kish's storyline, well, it's all moving at warp speed. And the Jessica/Brody/Cris/Layla thing is shifting around every day - on Monday it's all about Brody, which I suspect may still be the end result, and now Jessica is back to being an insane stalker.

The show is now extremely schizophrenic from day to day and I suspect it will stay that way til late April or May or even June. Now I hear we have

...it's all so random and off-key from what we've been getting. It wouldn't surprise me if Brown and Esenstein are the new HWs or something; Frons enjoyed them.

• Members

As off as Rachel propping Tea and Todd was, she's actually had almost no involvement with him since she came back. She only stuck to Tea's side, didn't defend him and once the Ross debacle was done with I haven't seen her near Todd.

• Members

That was when the show had plans for her with Greg, or Sky. If they bring her back now then if she has a story it would have to involve Rex, Todd, or John. Given the show's penchant for minimizing Todd's crimes they might not be able to resist having Rachel fall for him. She could pine on the sidelines as he is busy with Tea/Kelly.

Archived