OLTL: Discussion for the week March 15

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That boy went on to play Carlotta's HIV positive ward Eli didn't he? Or was he someone else on Loving?

I'm still hoping he might show up again someday. They should have had him come back and show an interest in Jessica.

• Members

I thought Eli did come back as a hot shot lawyer ;) It's funny that Carlotta HIV storyline was always assumed to be by the Labines, yet Clairehad no recollection of it in her interview....

And yes, as rough as the show is lately, it does get love points from me for keeping the name Corinth alive :wub:

• Members

I am still confused by that. Claire wrote an HIV story on GH, a very well known one, so I thought it had to be her. She said it might have been JFP, but Jill was not at OLTL then, I think she was consulting for all of ABC Daytime. I guess she could have come up with the idea but that doesn't seem like her style of storyline, evidenced by Eli vanishing as soon as JFP took over as producer.

As for today's Eli -- too smirky and waxed for my taste. I wish they hadn't brought him in as Ross's brother, I think him being close with Ross and then suddenly being Tea's biggest booster put him in a big hole.

I wonder why ABC never had Carlo move to Corinth. I think that might have been a more interesting story than, what was it, Thom Christopher in a wig locking Curtis in a dog cage?

Or was Dante before Carlo?

• Members

Dante was between Carlo appearances--94 (when Agnes wrote). And I loved that story even if they kinda dropped it at the end and even if it was an example of Nixon's odder Gothic stroytelling ideas....

Yeah I'd like to know more about who wrote the Eli stuff too--i remember it and was sure it was the Labines...

• Members

Eli showed up a few months into the Labine's tenure. I think they first showed him when Todd went to the hospital not long after Starr was given a transplant from Alex, and Todd paid for his medication. Then he went on to be with Andrew, and finally Carlotta. That was about six or seven months I guess.

I think Paloma died, which is one of the reasons Marty went off to Ireland and then she met Patrick. It's funny how many casting decisions now often seem to end in speculation that this is all to bring Patrick back. I'll believe it when I see it. I was never a fan of Patrick's, the silly hair was a big reason why, that and he just bored me, although he did have a nice body. I have liked Thorsten Kaye in his other roles (I liked Zach until he was butchered by B&E and especially by Pratt). I just can't see him coming back though, no matter how Frons may love Kaye. I think it's more likely that Marty leaves, either alone, or Kaye returns briefly as Patrick and she goes with him. If he somehow did show up and stay then we'd have the inevitable Todd/Marty/Patrick triangle.

• Members

Am I the only one who thought it was so funny today when Jess said "I remember what me and Christian meant to each other!" and Blair just smiled and said "You and Christian were different people back then."...

I thought it was a refference to the actor change, and it was HIGHlarious!

• Members

IMO they should have focused more on Eli and Tea being rivals in the courtroom, and from there have a love/hate relationship blossom between them. Rivals in the courtroom; lovers in bed sort of thing. Blair should have hooked up with Ross, rather than Eli.

Archived