A song that gives you a soap memory

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for filling in the blanks. I didn't know what the song was for, I thought it was some memorial party or something. I just saw everyone standing around dressed to the nines, and Beth crying (Judi Evans really is the best crier on soaps).

That era of GL had gorgeous production values.

• Members

Bryan Adams: "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" : Ned and Lois making out on the Brooklyn Bridge in their wedding duds (GH).

Destiny's Child: "Bootylicious" : Ryan meets Alicia Minshew's Kendall for the first time when he storms into her room at the Pine Cone telling her to turn the music down (AMC).

Diana King: "Think Like a Girl" : A really random song played as background "muzak" in a scene at Holidays with Ryan, Gillian and Eugenia in February of 1998. It took me almost a decade to find it (AMC).

And, of course, Herb Alpert: "Rise."

ROTFLMAO! ME TOO!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=G7S3T8l83lk

• Members

Chris Rea's "And You My Love" - when GH's Ryan Chamberlain and an amnesiac Felicia were getting cozy at a remote cabin. I thought they had such potential and would have made a better couple than Felicia/Mac but TPTB decided to turn him into a psycho serial-killer. I ended up buying Rea's CD for that song.

Behind Blue Eyes by The Who - was sort of Scotty's theme on GH after he came back (when L & L married the first time) and he was turned into a bad guy.

Muffin Man - serial killer Fax Newman's song on AW

Stardust by Nat King Cole - Viki and Joe danced to it on the spaceship to Heaven. Viki said something like "don't tell me you have a Nat Cole tape on board" and Joe said "No, but I do have Nat Cole on board."

"Baby, Come To Me" (Patti Austin & James Ingram) was, of course, Luke & Holly's theme on GH but that was played more than once. I bought that song, too.

Insatiable (Darren Hayes) - Gus & Harley's wallbanging sex on GL.

Danny Boy - Ryan's Hope

J'ai Besoin De Toi by Julio Iglesias - Erica and Jeremy on AMC

Again, played more than once but I also liked Stevie Wonder's "All In Love Is Fair" when it was used for Robert and Anna on GH

• Members

To me, the quintessential soap song was "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do". This was Steve and Betsy's song (back when Meg Ryan played Betsy)on ATWT. It was played constantly. Finally, Jermaine Jackson and Whitney Houston came on the show to sing it, and it appeared on both of their albums.

• Members

AMC: "After All," by Cher & Peter Cetera, for Brian & Hayley

ATWT: "Nobody Loves Me Like You Do," for Steve & Betsy

DAYS: "Friends & Lovers," by Gloria Loring & Carl Anderson, for Shane & Kimberly; and "Holding Out for a Hero" by Bonnie Tyler and "Tonight I Celebrate My Love" by Roberta Flack & Peabo Bryson, both for Bo & Hope

GH: "Rise," "Think of Laura," "Baby, Come to Me," and Jack Wagner's "All I Need"

GL: "No More Tears (Enough is Enough)," by Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer, for the Roger/Rita "Hall of Mirrors" sequence; "Pachelbel's Canon," for Quint & Nola; "You Needed Me," by Anne Murray, for Morgan & Kelly; "Truly," by Lionel Richie, for Phillip & Beth; "Almost Paradise," by Mike Reno & Ann Wilson, for Beth & Lujack; "Missing You," by John Waite, for Rick & Roxie; "Somewhere," by Barbra Streisand, for Reva's suicide attempt; "When I See You Smile," for Dylan & Samantha

OLTL: "Solid," by Ashford & Simpson, who made a guest appearance on the show back in the '80's

SANTA BARBARA: "If Ever You're in My Arms Again," by Peabo Bryson

Y&R: "Hey kids, rock and roll, ROCK ON!!!!!" LOL!

• Members

Herb Alpert's "Rise" is so evocative that when I hear it now I get both good and bad goosebumps. Good because it is a great piece of music. Bad because... you know.

Prince's "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" is THE song that makes me think of GH's Brenda. They kept using it every time Vanessa Marcil was on screen back in 93.

Khan mentioned Santa Barbara's use of Peabo Bryson's "If Ever You're in My Arms Again" and that brings so many memories flooding back. Didn't he perform at Kelly & Joe's wedding? And didn't CC (Charles Bateman) introduce Peabo as his "close, personal friend"?

"Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong" went some way to making me fall in love with Marlena and Drake Hogestyn's Roman.

Archived