Article on Hogan Sheffer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked his Rose story too, but then she was paired with the awful rewrites of Dusty and Paul and then killed off, while they have gone on to bore me for years. I know they have their fans so I'm not trying to argue that they are unpopular but in the long run I think killing off Rose was a mistake. At the time it was just another reason why I was driven away from ATWT during his run.

I think he has quite a bit of influence at Y&R because so many of their stories are knockoffs of stories he has already done. A crazy woman raping her ex. Animal killing. Random psychos. A woman says no but has to have sex with a bad man to save her boyfriend, and no might secretly mean yes. A double is killed and we get a funeral episode they narrate.

LML kept the ratings up too, for a while, but in the long run, she rotted the show from the inside. Which seems to be what's going on now.

• Members

Fixed it again and thanks for providing that link! Most your guys' articles I had saved through MS Word and such way back when Snark was writing for WOST on my old laptop and I've since been posting articles I've found after going through again for the first time in a good long while.

• Members

Sheffer ruined Days of our Lives, and that is saying A LOT because before he took over that show was utter crap. he somehow made it worse than what it was and ruined everything he tried to do. About the only thing he got right was Chelsea/Nick's romance.

The jack/julia rape on ATWT, the ej/sami rape on Days, the amber/deacon rape on Y&R. three of the worst stories ive ever seen. I really wish he would leave soaps never to return.

Archived