AMC: Friday: February 19, 2010

• Members

It is, yes. And while her chemistry with RPG is fabulous, it can't beat what she had with J. Eddie Peck. I think they still have loads of chemistry though, and the writing for them has always been consistent so they could definitely work. I wouldn't mind a Ryan/Greenlee/Jake triangle with Jake getting the girl.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO! It's funny how Jake acted like dehydration was the same thing as hypoglycemia. How did he become a doctor again?

I'm glad you said it because I didn't want to get beat up after railing against them for so long, but I'm finding Ryan & Greenlee tolerable lately. Of course, I still don't want them to be the endgame. Maybe it's because she's fighting him so much and there is a passion in their scenes that is lacking when they play lovey dovey.

I also loved the Erica/David and Scott/Annie scenes today. AMC is back!

I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind Greenlee getting together with Jake, although ITA that she had more chemistry with J. Eddie Peck. Back then, I always wanted her to marry Jake and try to fit in with the Martin wives, Ruth & Dixie. I really want Greenlee to stay with David now, though.

• Members

Ryan dead? We wont get that lucky. Yea Chrishelle will most likley be gone by summer. Im prepared for that.

RPG wasnt the Jake that was involved with Greens when they were a couple but they did share several scenes when he took over. They rekindled their friendship and I believe they moved in together. I noticed the chemistry and thought he was a better match than Ryan or Aidan

• Members

Random note / semi-rant:

I know this can be a sensitive thing for some people and their hair, but Jamie Luner really needs some length taken off. Liza's hair being so long and fluffy makes her appear as if she's trying to "look younger" than she is. What it ends up doing is making her seem less sophisticanted / more juvenile. That doesn't exactly aid Luner in being embraced as Liza... which is something I actually DO see as possible.

Luner also recently mentioned in an interview how much she loves black clothes, and so Liza ends up wearing black so often (which she did today AGAIN). Jamie, help viewers out here: Liza shouldn't necessarily have uber-long hair, and Liza was never all that addicted to black clothing. Can we be a little flexible with our appearance so that Liza can present herself as a bit more Liza-like (and not necessarily Jamie-like)?

Not meaning this in a superficial sense, because clothing and hair can be reflective of one's personality... and what we're looking at isn't an accurate interpretation of Liza Cobly. Yet this is SO fixable, so why not fix it?

• Members

Ooh. I couldn't agree with that. Ryan and Greenlee just have no much "nothing" in terms of chemistry. I just feel like ABC won't give up on "marketing" them. As much as I feel like RPG is becoming less and less able to control his scenery-chewing tendencies (and yes, Ricky, you unfortunately DO neet to show some restraint), I do feel that he and Rebecca Budig do have a naturl vibe between them.

Speaking of toning things down... Cameron Mathison needs to visit an acting AND a voice coach. I almost feel like someone told him to use a "soap opera" voice, because people really just don't talk with heavy-breath exclaimations like he does. (And I spoke too soon whhen I recently gave him credit for stopping the eye-bulging... as he did it several times in the past couple of episodes!) Seriously, I'd rather he study Trevor St. John's style. He would be so much more tolerable if he just calmed-T-F down in his delivery.

• Members

I much rather have a boring mother, who would actually take care of me instead of locking me in the bathroom as an infant while boinking my uncle like Little A.'s "real mother"! LOL!

I also thought it was cute when Brittany Allen said MUMMY instead of Mommy to Little A. I know she is Canadian, but maybe she is part British or Australian?

• Members

That's certainly true, and no doubt that Walsh's knowledge played in. And actually, Broderick's reputation is that she does take advantage of the talents and incorporates input of the entire writing team she works with. So you make a good point.

But what's also true is that Broderick's style and influence over the overall story's direction and execution is being seen in what is playing on camera. She's leading the team in regrounding the show's focus until K&S arrive, so naturally her name is going to be mentioned. What we're seeing in those scenes - evocations of character history, revealing of vulnerabilities to convey motivation, for example - that actually IS her style.

Archived