February 8-12, 2010

Toups

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL's storyline (snow storm/Llantano mountain/Mitch Lawrence) is risky because it focuses on about half of the characters. So far in February, Bo, Nora, Rachel, Roxanne, Kyle, Greg, Cristian, Leyla, etc. have been absent. For those like me who don't like Mitch's third return from the dead, his plot to rape his own daughter so that he could have a pure heir to his cult, and the Stacy-Rex-Gigi-Schuyler-Oliver-Kim baby saga that seems like it's never going to end, the show has not been worth watching. OLTL created this story arc around unpopular characters. I doubt it will go up, but will be happy if it does.

• Members

I do wish that there was more emphasis on other characters. I mean I agree that it has been stalled a little bit, and that every episode this month has had the same characters...But I think it is like that on all shows at some point or another. I think the BABY storyline is ok, though I think it would be best if it ended soon, in the fear of it becoming stale.

I am SO over this Mitch Storyline (though I think Robin Strasser has been ROCKING it throughout)...I think it is time for Mitch to just die for good. I think the thing with him about to rape Jess was just sick, and a true sign that this plot has run it's course.

I think that OLTL is deffinitely one of the better soaps on the air now. In fact, GH OLTL and Y&R are the only ones keeping my attention lately, and for the first time in a few months i have been tivoing every epi of OLTL.

And actually, I have just been glad that Dani/Tea havent been the focus, they drive me nuts! I have been enjoying the storylines with the Cramer girls, and overall I think that the show has been stellar lately.

Also, Gina Tognoli's return has had me more into the character of Kelly than I can ever remember.

If there is ANY soap I think deserves to go up right now it's OLTL...I really think it's on it's A game.

• Members

Couldn't DISAGREE more about this soap. OLTL is a mess. It's alienated its audience with perverse, emotionally vacant storytelling. It goes for cheap sensationalism instead of stories that touch the heart. It's what's wrong with soaps today IMHO. I do agree the Mitch storyline has to wrap soon. But Robin Strasser "rocking it"? I don't think so. She's so overwrought, over the top and one note that her scenes grate. It's time Ron C. and company were given their walking papers.

• Members

Its like a dual opinion about this on one hand I read DeLaCroix scathing review of OLTL / GH then Branco is pimping OLTL so hardcore its like Carlivati/Valentini/Frons is sending him a check.

Watching Sadism For Thrills: Soaps Are Not Snuff Films!

http://marlenadelacroix.com/?p=315

I don't watch it. I was alienated years ago I'm done...

Just the subtle inference in story of a father wanting to bang his daughter is extremely disturbing something I have no use for but again its lauded by DayTime Confidential as well as must see TV...I'll take a pass the whole deal of re-rape Todd/Marty now this is a huge turn-off for me.

• Members

I agree that some of the storylines lately have been a little bit emotionless, or at least I can see where it could be seen like that. I think that there could definitely be more diverse in it's storytelling, as in not focusing so much on one story, but instead have some touching side stories that involve more characters. But I think that is a problem on all the soaps lately.

I agree that in the bast couple of weeks, the show has come across as a bit "cold" in many ways. But I think for the past months, the writing has been pretty good...I just think they have dragged out this Mitch storyline for so long, that watching it is almost a hastle. And Mitch is a character that you COULDNT like even if you REALLY wanted to, so when they focus the whole show on him, it starts to be a little bit less exciting.

I disagree about Robin...I think she is a good actress. I mean, she is no Erica Slezak or anything, but I think she has been pretty good throughout this storyline.

I think OLTL is a pretty good show over all though, despite this dragging Mitch nonsense. I think it is better than AMC has been, and right now B&B is really dragging for me....GH is seemingly getting a little better, and Y&R has caught my interest again. I think what ALL the shows ned is to just speed up their storylines, because people are getting bored.

• Members

Welcome

I'm the clueless one

but it still doesn't stop me from posting... :unsure:

Well I stepped in for "Goodbye Detective" cause I'm a huge Dante fan by Monday they started already with the Sonny propping by the time he could sit upright in his hospital bed he was backstroking saying he shot himself....so its business as usual I tuned back out...

• Members

A little ratings info. More about game shows and Y&R than anything else...

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/19/daytime-the-price-is-right-and-lets-make-a-deal-post-ratings-gains-for-cbs/42453

CBS’s DAYTIME GAME SHOWS CONTINUE TO POST RATINGS GAINS

“The Price is Right” Up in Viewers and Key Demographics

“Let’s Make a Deal” Audience Grows 12% Over Year-Ago Time Period

CBS’s daytime game shows—THE PRICE IS RIGHT and LET’S MAKE A DEAL— continue to post ratings gains compared to a year ago, according to Nielsen most current ratings through the week ending Feb. 14.

THE PRICE IS RIGHT is up season-to-date +12% in viewers (5.03m from. 4.51m), +15% in women 25-54 (1.5/09 from 1.3/08) and +18% in adults 25-54 (1.3/09 from 1.1/08).

LET’S MAKE A DEAL is up +12% in viewers (2.42m from 2.16m) and +20% in women 18-34 (0.6/07 from 0.5/07) this season compared to comparable weeks last year (“Guiding Light”).

Meanwhile, in the week ending Feb. 14, CBS had five of the top 10 programs among both women 25-54 and women 18-49, including THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS which was first in women 25-54 for the 156th time in 157 weeks and first in women 18-49 for the 151st time in 153 weeks.

• Members

As a game show fan, I am happy that TPIR and LMAD are doing so well. Unfortunately, LMAD's increasing ratings jeopardize the other CBS soaps and explains why ATWT was cancelled. LMAD is doing about the same as ATWT ratings wise and costs half as much to produce.

Archived