Daytime TV Magazine

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I only know Marlena Delacroix from her time at SOW, where she was a mainstay for several years.

As far as Daytime TV Magazine goes, I know it hugely popular in the 70s, but I don't ever recall seeing it in the late 80s and 90s. By that time SOD and SOW became the dominant mags along with SOU, SID, SOM, SoapDish etc.

edit: SFK, was that soap columnist by any chance Jon-Michael Reed?

• Members

From my experience with Daytime TV(as a reader)it was gossipy and basically fluff-full of interviews like 'How ......stays happily married' and How (daytime stud) likes to romance a lady-usually a gay actor!!

There wasn't much storyline discussion or behind the scenes stuff(at least in late 70's,early 80's)

Afternnon TV mag at around that time,would have a lot more news and discussion of writer /producer changes and the interviews dealt with personal and professional stuff.I wish I had kept my copies.

I think Jan Michael Reed was at the helm.But,I do recall buying the latest issue and suddenly it changed.There were recipes by the stars,skimpy articles,dated photos etcThe new editor was Connie aka Marlena.Shortly after it disappeared,so there must have been a change in ownership or something to account for the drastic downturn.

• Members

Lucky guess off the top of my head as he's the only dead soap columnist I know of besides Schemering. Several years ago someone forwarded some old columns and synopses of his from his column known as "Tune in Tomorrow", unfortunately they're on my old computer in a box in a storage unit 200 miles away. I believe Reed passed away in 1989.

Archived