The Suds Report 2/12/10

alwild

• Members

Graz is talented and deserves to try his luck elsewhere. Honestly, I would be *stunned* if he re-signed. He re-upped last year on the promise of a major story. Surprise, it bombed. And I know he and Frantz are best buds and all, but tying any character to Amber -- either on Y&R or B&B -- is DEATH.

• Members
Don’t miss One Life this week, soapers! It’s the event we’ve all been salivating for — Stacy’s icy death. I have to give head writer Ron Carlivati props for constructing a very karmic exit storyline for Crystal Hunt (heck, even I feel sad about the fact that Stacy’s inability to love herself resulted in her tragic death). Although One Life got a little wacky there for about two seconds last week, no one writes a better sudser than the Emmy-winning maestro. Yes, once in a while, Carlivati infuses the show with camp, but I’ve learned to accept that element in his writing because it’s also part of his charm.

Unlike AMC’s former head writer Chuck Pratt, Carlivati knows, loves, respects, and understands the psychology of his characters — and any accomplished and revered writer will tell you, once you can achieve that, it’s the characters who write your show.

Ron must've dropped the restraining order.

Archived