Another actress returns to DAYS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's a good question. Weren't there some reports that they no longer had to pay money to Jim Reilly's estate this past year?

Judi Evans was selling funeral plots or something recently wasn't she? She probably doesn't ask for a lot of money.

• Members

From "I'd love to thank the Academy [for her Emmy for GUIDING LIGHT]", to "And would you require a burial plot for your significant other as well?". Ah, the life of the actor.

All I can say is, pimping and crack dealing have been very good to Ken Corday. ;-)

Guest dc cubs

I think actors in daytime are willing to work for less money than they made in the past these days. They all know the economic state of daytime. All shows are cutting back and a lot of stars have had to take pay cuts. Judi Evans is a big Corday supporter and has said so in interviews. I don't think Evans commanded big bucks to come back.

Days also recently signed a multi book deal with Sourcebooks. Perhaps Days will use some of that money to put back into the show.

I know some people are not fans of Tomlin but I do think he's doing a good job of keeping the show on budget. Yes, the production values could be better but they have to work with what they've got.

• Members

I assume this is shorthand for schedule.

Also, what's the cheaper shooting schedule? Taping five episodes in four days? And what is so different about that than what everyone else is doing in daytime(aside from B&B, which shoots eight half-hours in four days)?

• Members

Days goes dark like 16 weeks a year. 1 week a month plus 2 additional weeks for christmas/winter and an extra week in summer... i think.

i also believe they only use one sound stage now and not three and have less people behind the camera.

But a HUGE part of the extra money they have is from not paying JER.

• Members

They only use one stage?!

Jesus Christ. How big is that stage? I don't watch alot of DAYS, but I would have to infer that either their sets are ridiculously tiny or that they are only using the same five sets every show.

I could see going from three to two. But to using only one stage? :unsure:

Also, the time off, 16 weeks a year, so that means they're probably taping six shows every four or five days. Interesting.

I guess you do what you can do in these economic times. I still find it odd that they only use one stage, unless it's huge, like the one GH uses.

• Members

they have very few sets, and they are freakin tiny! maggies kitchen/living room, the hospital desk area & a room & a little waiting room, bo's house, the brady pub, stefanos house, victors house, the docks, ari's bedroom. thats about it. they do use other random sets here and there. most of them are just stored as you walk through the burbank studios onto the sets. all lines up against the wall. Actually, they must have another stage because ive never seen the docks and ive only been on the one stage. But one stage is pretty much set up for perm sets, i know that. they other must be for tear downs/build ups as needed.

they have another studio, im not 10% sure. i know at one point they had 4.

They also work a tight shift. the latest they usually get out is 4pm. The cast balance, in terms of using people what they are contracted for and not more if i

the show really did make as many, if not more, cuts behind the cam as they did infront of it. its paid off, i would say. The lack of sets and the shorter work sch and the smaller cast forced the show to feel like a community again.

Again, i could be wrong on some of this. However, i am pretty sure i got most of it down via there tweets/interviews/my set visits/friends...

• Members

come to think of it when was the last time we saw the church set? Horton house? when i was at nbc just 2 years ago they talked about the days sets...I saw Marlena's pent house the highlight of my tour yes even after seeing EJ and Judie Evans lol...also hanging out in Salem Place was fun...the sets were lined up in the hallways of NBC...

• 1 month later...

Archived