The Sud's Report 1/22/10

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL All My Shadows, and Zendall Fan! I love your commentary on Nelson, hahaa. He is such a narb, kisses OLTL ass 24\7.

He keeps saying Keizman taking over, what about Swajeski? This just adds more to my worry that Kreizman will take full control, and Donna will just follow behind and go with whatever he does. HUGE mistake....Swajeski is the one who should have more control, she worked with AMC in the 80's, she might have better input and more efficient ideas to keep the show afloat, with her knowledge of it. Who know's what will happen.

A mess. I hope they don't start for a long long time, I want to savor Broderick's stories as long as I can.

• Members

I wouldn'tbe worried--Nelson of all people wouldn't know--he's just using K's name there solo cuz it will rile people up, more.

"The only ray of light in this dark news is that One Life will continue to outshine Frons’s second favourite soap child."

OK it's great that he loves OLTL, I do too, but I find itreally odd that a soap "fanatic" and "reporter" would say this, and think it was a good thing. Am I making too much out of this? Probably, but it's just another example... Besides, we've already seen that that doesn't seem to have any impact on ratings--so why is this a "ray of hope"? Isn't that the wrong term for it? *confused*

• Members

Who says this? What the hell is wrong with him?

If any other soap had that dumb as hell Jessica-thinks-she's-a-teenager story he'd go on and on and ON about how horrible it is.

And his lame and unfunny excuse as to why Blair and Tea debase themselves by fighting over a serial rapist is just more dumbness.

• Members

Branco's not a reporter. He's unmedicated fallout from the public health policies of Ronald Reagan.

As for what he actually says, I can understand supporting OLTL because I do too, and I like much of the show, but it has its share of dog stories, and I'm not going to shine up stuff like that Jessica story, which right now sounds plum retarded, or the current configuration of Tea vs. Blair. Fact is they are fighting over a mutilation of Todd and everyone comes off bad, except, occasionally, Blair. Great actors stuck playing crap. OTOH, there are a lot of people out there, Branco included, who simply enjoy the fun of watching Tea and Blair go at it, no matter what the reason or rationale. I'm a little more discriminating; Tea and Blair are great rivals, but I want the story to work, and this one doesn't. Maybe that sounds snobbish, but there it is.

• Members

I think people can love a soap enough to where they can admit some things aren't right. Doing otherwise seems inauthentic, and when Branco does complain about something on OLTL, it seems like a tantrum, not genuine criticism..

• Members

No kidding eh. I really know next to nothing about Donna, but everything I've heard isn't exactly shedding the most positive light on her.

I truly do fear at some point Ellen Wheeler will get in on this AMC action too. God help us at that point.

• Members

Branco has actually turned on OLTL several times before. Usually because he didn't get some invite to something. He says horrible things about them (and many other shows and casts) and then acts like it never happened.

• Members

I'll say this much: when she was HW at ANOTHER WORLD, and Michael Laibson was her EP, Donna Swajeski wrote some very good standalone eps, such as "A Valentine to Singles" and "Murder on the Honeymoon Express." And the Cass/Frankie/Kathleen triangle? As hard as it might've been for Cass/Kathleen fans to accept that their time had passed, at least she didn't have Kathleen do something that smacked of deliberate character assassination (at least, as far as I could tell). I mean, you try telling a love triangle that's adult and sensitive to all sides in this day and age, and see how far it gets you w/ Brian Frons.

Archived