HBO: Game of Thrones

• Members

So far this season, what I am enjoying the most is how they are showing contrast between Ned and Tyrion as men dealing with the intrigue at King's Landing. They are both good men with compassion for those less powerful and vulnerable. Yet Tyrion because of the cruelty of his family and what he has been subjected to because of his physical limitations is far more able to maneuver the dangerous court politics. Tyrion claimed that he isn't honorable, but that is obviously not true at all. He is just more ruthless in his determination to survive than Ned. Ned should have gotten rid of that commander when he first arrived at court just like Tyrion did. I was glad that Tyrion asked Bronn if he would kill the baby. It is good that Tyrion understands that Bronn can be bought and therefore, he should pay him well and always watch him.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The increasing number of characters is going to be more problematic as the story moves along. I have noticed that already they are omitting some story threads. We haven't seen Renly for the season. Robb, and Joffery/Sansa were omitted last night. However, Tyrion, Jon Snow, Arya, and Dany are the most important characters from a storytelling point of view asl as long as TPTB gives them some airtime, we should be okay.

• Members

I think there's really only the one important fight (if you've read the books you know which) that will mean more action--fans were upset that they couldn't film the one in season 1 and just cut away, and this one is more important, though honestly I didn't mind them cutting away. Lots of the budget also is going to things like not using fake snow but actually filming the beyond the wall stuff in Iceland.

The Direwolves were real dogs last year. This year because they're meant to be much bigger, they're a combo of trained wolves and CGI.

• Members

I like that Anne Bolyne from The Tudors is now on this show as I loved The Tudors and it's like a mini crossover for me. She seems like a very nice and understanding queen. Her king is a nice guy but he's just not into her and doesn't even seem able to to get things working around her, poor guy. I wonder how they will figure this out. The lady knight got off on the wrong foot with me because she gave Lady Cat lip for no reason at all. The one I feel sorry most for this year is Theon Greyjoy. He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't and he really set out to do right by everybody. No good deed goes unpunished.

• Members

I actually liked Brienne's brusqueness with Cat a lot. The actress playing Brienne is not unattractive as described in the book, but she is very powerful and interesting. I look forward to seeing how the character is developed.

I have no sympathy for Theon. He is and always was an ass. His pride and ego put him in this situation. His father is horrible, but that is to be expected.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I like Brienne because she's loyal. Renly is her King and she was expected Cat to treat him as a King.

I also like Margaery Tyrell, she is awesome. She knows the score and she knows what needs to be done. Renly should listen to her.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

This was a wonderfully tense episode.

Joffrey becomes more and more surprising with the levels of evilness he exhibits. Just when you think he's done...

Absolutely LOVE Tyrion's continuous efforts for dominance in the court. It's so much watching him manipulate and cajole people to his will.

I am fascinated by the twist in which Aria becomes Tywin's servant. Quite soapy. Can't wait to see where that goes!

Dany is wonderful; her story has been VERY slow-paced this season but it nevertheless continues to be fascinating.

Melisandre giving birth was... absolutely stunning and shocking. Such a great ending.