Return of Fan Fave to AMC

• Members

When I read the title I was sure it'd be someone lame like Aiden Turner. THIS is a pleasant surprise.

Love her, liked Brooke most of the time and seeing Brooke and Erica spar has the potential to be amazing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd love to see Tom back in a more B level capacity (I love the character, I just do't think him returning for an A level storyline makes any sense right now) and loved him with Brooke but... Nah, they'd be boring now. Plus to bring back Brooke only to have her fall for a character who hasn't been a major part of the show since 1995 (and only made some appearances since) would kill the whole purpose of bringing Brooke back IMHO--which is to interact, shake up and reshape the characters that are already on the show--help improve what we have.

(that makes me wonder though--was Tom approached to do the Anniversary ep? Seems odd he wasn't there)

I would love it if she returned formore than a stnt, but at this point I'll take what I can get (also I think shorter character stints are the way soaps in this current era will be going--and ifit's all Julia Barr is happy to commit to right now...)

• Members

Even with the little she was given on the anniversary show you could see the personality shining through. She can smirk with the best of them. Brooke/Erica are better than Viki/Dorian on OLTL. I'm hoping Brooke does leave town with Adam when the arc is over. Pratt tried to shove couples we don't want down our throat - Adam/Annie and Ryan/Erica. The last thing I want to see if Annie becoming a wealthy widow. If DC is going to leave I hope they don't kill off his character.

• Members

OK, AMC...now you have my attention.

She has connections to most of the canvas, but I wish she still had family around. Even though she was strong and smart, Brooke has unfortunately mostly been defined by the men in her life. AMC really made a mistake by not giving the character of Brooke strong familial connections other than Phoebe after the show dumped the Tylers. (Jamie and Laura? Eh.) I guess my point is that I wish AMC had a stronger community for her to return to.

But I'll take Julia Barr back anyway I can have her.

• Members

Of course we want to see Brooke with Erica, Adam, and Tad, but the only "squandered" return was Nina not being able to share her scenes with Palmer. As for everybody else, it worked just fine given the premise.

• Members

Considering how long it's been since we've seen some of those people, and may never see them again, I don't think it was good enough. I wanted heartfelt moments between people. Not just characters standing and recounting moments to flashclips. I wanted to see Lily and Jackson together. Erica and her girls. Nina and Palmer. Maria and Mateo together and remembering Julia. Something more. I feel like if this is what they were going to do they should've done a straight up clip show.

• Members

I see what you mean in terms of warm fuzzy moments of togetherness, but perhaps my opinion is based more on the characters who were chosen to return. I don't think the fans are exactly starving for more Erica, Bianca, and Kendall, and Lily, I didn't care to see her, period, but there's still time for Lily and Bianca in CA. I don't think stuff like Maria telling her own brother what Sam and Maddie are up to can touch her solo reaction to the mention of Julia's name. Plus, Greg has visited quite recently, and of course more with Brooke is to come. I still think not working something out with James Mitchell and Taylor Miller was the only real gaffe.

Archived