AMC: Soapnet's 2010 Preview

• Members

Even though not amazing, I actually am excited and interested in these Jan spoilers as well--even the Damon story sounds, dare I say it, kinda at least a bit more interesting than I expected for him. I wonder if all this is still Pratt (it seemed odd how quickly we got rid of Madison's dad this week--like a writer quickly tieing up a story Pratt was starting to make bigger, on the other hand Pratt loves telling stories with these quick story beats that are never developed--like Randi's own abuse as a kid which was mentioned and not dealt with).

And February sounds great--I hope jaw dropping does mean a surprise return of someone like Brooke (really Brooke is the best option I can think of right now but I wouldn't be completely adverse to something more unexpected like Donna returning--and if it's Bianca again I'll throw a fit). I also love when even ABC owned media says things like "a return to what you love, character character character" etc and seems to realize what was going so wrong. Of course this doesn't mean they'll deliver--I'd be foolish to fully expect that, but yeah for once in a long while I'm actually excited by spoilers especially when you tie this in with those typically poilte, but still pointed comments Agnes Nixon made in her SOD Digest that from now on we could expect more of a return to story coming from character and the kind of story she enjoys.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They don't mean Greenlee, do they? She's already back.

I almost wish it was Jenny, and then they brought Greg back, and with Angie/Jessie and Tad, they could show a lot of flashbacks. Then they would be seen as the supercouple show, like DAYS used to be. But I know that type of thing always sounds so much better on paper than in reality.

Do you think they mean Janet? Could she be related to Amanda's exit (or recasting)?

• Members

I thought Chrishell Stause (Amanda) said she was staying on a recurring basis, worked out a schedule with the show. If it is Janet, though, That would be amazing! I miss Janet, she needs to be back to set Amanda straight and to also cave in David's chest for torturing her precious Mandy. :rolleyes:

It seems interesting to me to. I hope it is, cause they are keeping this guy on contract. I like that AMC is starting to use younger actors. I think it needs that element, it hasn't had it for a while..

• Members

I think Damon could work well if they got him involved with Tad (and I do NOT mean romantically...I'm thinking more like the Luke/Ethan relationship on GH pre-father/son angle). There are a couple of medianet pics with Tad and Damon together so maybe they're actually contemplating that.

• Members

I doubt it's Stuart, cause David Canary's daughter said on twitter a few months back that DC was only with the show after the move till his contract was up, which is this spring.

I don't see them bringing Stuart back, especially since reading the spoilers from SOD, I think Adam's gonna die from a heart attack.

I think it's Dixie, that's one person that would be that jaw dropping

• Members

Well... with AMC now based on the west coast they could have some real fun with Dixie's return from the dead this time around. Dixie would have obviously never died but appeared to die, this was meant to protect her. You see, when Dixie went to Zurich years ago she wound up witnessing some sort of crime (anything just something). She wound up having to go into hiding and that is when the car crash was orchestrated. She didn't give up Kathy because of how she was after the accident, she gave her up cause she didn't want to have to go through raising a child on the run or burden Tad with raising their little girl alone. After the trial for the crime Dixie witnessed was finished and the guy she saw was locked up and sentenced she was now free again. This is when she came back to Pine Valley and we were all given the story of the car crash and her giving Kate up because she didn't think she would live.

So now Dixie was back in Pine Valley for a year, during that time the guy that was a threat to her and locked up had found a loop hole in the law and was now a free man and Dixie's life was in jeopardy again. Dixie was notified and knew that she needed to leave and go into hiding again but couldn't stand the though of just up and leaving when everyone needed her, but if she stayed it would put everyone in danger. Dixie was contacted by an agent from the WSB (GH Crossover!) and was put into hiding. Fast forward to 2010, David receives a phone call from Robin Scorpio, Anna's daughter. She is calling for a patient she has at GH that is suffering from heart problems that David has experience with. Robin informs Anna that she contacted world renowned cardiologist David Hayward to come and look at this woman that Anna has brought in, Anna starts to panic because not only is David familiar with this woman's condition, he knows this woman. The woman is Dixie who has been living under an alias for the past few years to protect herself and her loved ones. Anna tries to tell David to not come and it's not that serious and Robin was just over reacting but David is already on his way. Anna tries to get Dixie moved as quick as she can to protect her cover but just as she is getting her transfered to a different hospital David walks in and sees her. Anna fills David in, David agrees to keep the secret and to help Dixie. This would obviously kick off during a sweeps period and get dragged out till the next sweeps period with everyone slowly but surely finding out. AMC characters traveling to Port Charles, GH characters traveling to Pine Valley. It brings Anna back around and gives David someone to interact with other than the 6 people he does now, and it gives David a chance to not be a villain. This will obviously carry on until everyone finds out and word gets around that Dixie is alive and eventually gets back to the criminal that she is hiding from. All will end in a grand manner where there will be a hostage situation in Pine Valley that ends in a mafia shoot out on the docks in Port Charles.

As an added bonus to this story, the criminal that Dixie is threatened by could end up being none other than drug lord Proteus AKA Vanessa. She could have floated down river to the ocean off the coast of Pine Valley, PA and wound up in Europe and rebuilt her empire while presumed dead.

Just my ideas, I would welcome this or something similar. If done right it can be a complex story that will eventually encompass the entire canvas of both shows and help the entire ABC lineup. Get viewers at 1 with AMC with GH crossovers, they stay thru OLTL at 2 to watch GH at 3 with AMC crossovers.

• Members

Soapnet reports that Julia Barr is returning to AMC as Brooke in February. Brooke was my second favorite after Dixie so I would like it if they would BOTH come back.

http://sn.soapnet.go.com/news/article/brooke-english-returns-to-all-my-children

P.S. It would be classic AMC if Brooke came back married to Jack (who it has been hinted will be returning to AMC) just as Ryan dumps Erica for Greenlee (or they at least find out Greens is alive and Erica feels threatened).

Archived