2010: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

After Gary Tomlin bringing in so many veteran writers at DAYS, I don't really believe in writer-budget-cuts anymore. If that EP/HW wants someone on their team, they will make it happen.

When a new EP/HW comes in, they want to clean house and bring in their own people, so it makes sense for some writers to leave without clashing with the EP/HW. But say if a staff writer leaves after 'x' amount of years working with that EP/HW, I get suspicious if they were fired. Maybe something happened during meetings, maybe that writer question too many things and the EP/HW got fed up.

• Administrator

LOL!

Hmm...I don't really have any hints for this writer....it's too easy if I give one. Hmm......this writer has a great reputation in the industry and is well liked by other writers who've worked with her/him! (such a give away!) LOL

• Members

This industry is just hilarious. I mean, how can this happen: you are invited as a guest speaker on a MIT conference/seminar/whatever and just plainly call B&B a silly show whose main reasons of existence is that's it's there for Bradley to write something because his dad created that show for him.

And then after they dump you from ABC you go and ask Brad for a job and he gives it to you. :blink::wacko: WHA'?!

I seriously have no idea why CBS still has that position. P&G shows are P&G shows and the Bell shows are overseen by Bell people and SONY. Why is she there?

I'd like to see that role done away with: establish a new one, lesser, less payed and put someone else there.

Bloom is eating away a lot of money and isn't doing a thing to generate more.

• Members

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Johnson too...

OLTL could use SW's like Melissa, and with Courtney Simon on board, they seem to be trying to improve their dialogue team.

Yeah I guess it was expected.

I wonder why he left, and I don't think he's returning to AMC with Kreizman and Swajeski about to take over (in fact, didn't they start officially today?), and he's not a friend of JHC's.

Archived