January 2010 ATWT Thread

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh!! Those were the good ole days... *sigh*

Ron, you have to remember, I'm not as old as you. :P I was 7 back in 1994. ;) Don't remember many specifics.

Now that it's come to my attention, I wonder if that's also the same place where Craig killed Sierra's husband (right before or after he had Lucy kidnapped).

As for today's show....I only have 2 things to comment on:

1) Is it too much to ask for Skatie to ride off into the sunset together? This could be the perfect exit opportunity for Katie, but noooooo.. :rolleyes:

And 2) it irks me how Janet gets all huffy and puffy because Jack has to help Carly tend to their injured son. Does she expect him to just leave Carly with an injured Parker so he can rub her shoulder while she waits for Liberty to be released?! I mean....c'mon!! Notice, though, how all that resentment was calmed once her man-hunk, Dusty, arrived!!! :rolleyes:

• Members

I'm only into very early January, but Janet is driving me crazy. She's so volatile, and everyone around her has to dance to her tune. She sleeps with Dusty, but she regrets it and pushes him away. Yet she doesn't want her sister to have him either. She wants Jack back, but pushes him away. She's a mess. It's increasingly uncomfortable to watch her because she reminds me so much of some control freak, ragingly insecure people I know.

I enjoy the stuff with Simon/Katie/Henry. I saw some actual non-BFF chemistry with Katie and Henry for a few moments. I don't think they should ever go there again, but it was a pleasant surprise.

• Members

Can you believe it?? He has a hand in screwing up two legacy family shows, so he is drafted across networks to ruin theirs!!!

God I hated that whiny Larry McDermont character!!! I never got the vibe that he was that much into Susan (or any woman.)

• Members

Susan has never been loved by any man. Bob was nice to her but it was only friendship Larry seemed to use Susan. I wish they'd finally give her a love story. Susan is an older ver; however, he still comes off as youthful. I would so love to see her get a man. Even better, I wish Bob would finally ditch Kim and jump Susan's bones. They would make for a far more interesting couple. I wonder if Marland ever seriously considerd a long term pairing for Bob and Susan. They get on well when in a scene togather. Maybe Kim could finally realize she is a lesbian. That, or bring back John Dixon.

• Members

LOl..okay Saving ATWT, with that I would actually choose DK over you to write ATWT!!! :P

Bob and Kim are gold...they need to be left where they are..(and I love DH, and I can only hope that I will age as well as he has, but I dont want to see him in anymore love scenes.) At least one stable couple is good on a soap, and I would go nuts or somethin' if I saw Kim go lez. And no to Kim getting it on with that reptile John Dixon. I have no idea why the writers gave Brygmann so many sexual roles he aint to Zaslow. He is much better as the crotchedy pain in the ass then anyone's love interest.

However, an interesting short term storyline would be Susan gets it on with boring stiff Tom,who actually gets out from being Margo's bitch and developes a personality. I dont "get," Tom and Margo anymore...and really havent since Tom was HOT Greg Marx and Margo was HBS...the two current actors together dont work well at all..Tom is a dud as played by this guy and Margo, uh, well, she just comes off as a big ass dyke most of the time...(gee I wonder why..) Now Margo as a middle aged lesbian would be a good storyline, but I still dont know if it would wake Tom out of his coma.

But I get your point, Susan is one hot late middle aged broad (I want to know if the ATWT vets made a pact with Satan about aging) AND she is a freaking doctor...like no guy would look at her. Larry was using her, to pretend he was straight. That actor just came off as such a nelly queen that I always wondered how Marie Masters kept a straight face during their "love scenes." I would rather see she and Babs using Mick as their toy boy who needs to perform on demand for them. That would make up a little for all the "older woman is desperate for youth and love," as he complains" I gotta get out of town, those broads are wearing me out!"

• Members

Maybe we should leave the writing to the professionals. :lol:

Friday's episode was so-so.

The CarJack scenes were amazing. So was the talk that Liberty and Jack had. Although she basically backtracked on everything she said to him before, I realize the writers were probably in a hurry to tie up any animosity between the two of them since Liberty has a big storyline coming up.

Unlike the breakup scene between Jack and Janet, the big leukemia reveal feel flat for me. Well, I take that back. Pinson's reaction feel flat. Hagner did pretty good for a newbie.

Is it me or does Mick Hazen get worse and worse as time goes by? :huh:

Other than that, everything was ...eh.. The Meg/Damian thing: oh c'mon. Who DIDN'T see that comin'?? (I felt really bad for Meg, though...) And the whole Molden/Lily triangle they're trying to force down our throats: it was okay. Noelle Beck is soooo much more likeable as a catty b!tch, rather than being nuLily. And as I watched NB's scenes with Jon Hensley in OldTown, I noticed Hensley's face. How his eyes droop, his lips halway poke out. You can tell he's bored to death. Whether it's with the show, the character, or Lilden...I guess we'll never know. But one thing's for certain: he's pretty bored. You don't have to be a scientist to read that from his face.

• Members

I was only joking in regards to Kim being a lesbian. Frankly, gay story on soaps generally does not work out very well. It is time for Nuke to leave, go to college. Also, gay stories tend to hurt more than help ratings--OLTL is a good example. They have lost any lead and are falling behind a cancelled show.I will say, and everyone will hate me, that I've never been a Kim fan. Everyone adores KH, so it must be me. I keep waiting for that last, big heart attack--sorry and don't hate me. She is a good actress but the character just bores me. I will say she did look good in the leather jacket this week. If she got some hair color, she would look like Kim circa 1985. I Don't won't to see Bob in another love scene, either. All of that can happen off screen. I just think Bob and Susan would be fun and Bob and Lisa would be retro-quirky.

Susan is a hot babe. If I were older and str8, I'd be taking her out for dinner at the Lakeview. TPTP so under use Masters. Does anyone know how old she is? She would be great in a mini-war with Babs. Two fighting mother-in-laws would be fun.

BTW, Hazen (Parker) is fine. Everyone rips on that kid; however, he really isn't a bad actor. Also, in his own way, Hazen is a good looking kid. I just wish they would give him a new GF.

But I get your point, Susan is one hot late middle aged broad (I want to know if the ATWT vets made a pact with Satan about aging) AND she is a freaking doctor...like no guy would look at her. Larry was using her, to pretend he was straight. That actor just came off as such a nelly queen that I always wondered how Marie Masters kept a straight face during their "love scenes." I would rather see she and Babs using Mick as their toy boy who needs to perform on demand for them. That would make up a little for all the "older woman is desperate for youth and love," as he complains" I gotta get out of town, those broads are wearing me out!"

• Members

Parker is okay, but I always said that JJ was the one to keep an eye on and judging his OLTL stint a while back, they definitely made a mistake dumping him. He's developed into a great actor and Parker needs someone to interact with. My biggest problem with Parker is that all of his scenes are with adults (who are so self-absorbed) or that idiot Liberty. The poor boy doesn't have a shot in life!

• Members

Parker is very handsome, but he's had the same hairstyle and dresses the same as he did when he first joined the show. Considering how young he was when he joined...that's a problem. Little JJ isn't still sporting his KD Lang haircut. He's grown up. It's time for Parker to grow up and have some friends. It seems like everyone around him is so involved with their own problems. Even mini-Carly, Sage.

Archived