The Soapegist 12/21

• Members

Don't get me wrong, marceline. Number one, my hat's off not just to those who still want to write for the soaps (although, at this point, why, is beyond me), but to those who are actually writing for them today. Whether you're prone to be a hack or not, you're generating story under the worst possible conditions - and frankly, they don't pay you nearly enough. Second, if Brian Frons, let's say, were to come to me and say, "I think you have what it takes to write AMC"...well, I'm not going to say I wouldn't give it a go, lol, but 1) I'm no one, so that's not gonna happen; and 2) even if I were someone, he'd still have to track me down, and I make it awfully hard these days to be found. ;-)

Frankly, what is more devastating to me is that, despite every valiant effort on my part, soap writing is the only kind of writing I know. I loved to think of myself as a storyteller, but I just don't have the "knack" for anything else (i.e., novels, plays, screenplays, etc.). So, I'm at that point where I've realized I've been foolish in chasing after one dream for so long, which ultimately proved futile, at the expense of discovering whether I was good @ anything else. And boy, am I feeling growing pains, lol!

Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled yuk-fest....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived