Should Noah and Luke be written off ATWT??

• Members

After reading Forbes March's interview and how he said P&G is invested in Nuke.......Isn't it time to just write off Nuke? What is the point of them if they dont have a storyline?? They don't even feel like a gay couple at all.

What are your thoughts??

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since the show is probably ending in a year anyway I think they should keep them on. I still think there are stories they could give them, just slice of life stories, or stories based on their personality clashes. Luke is a core character and I think he still works within his family. I think Noah is still decent with some characters when he gets a chance.

I wouldn't mind seeing Noah go to work at WOAK and share scenes with Kim, do documentaries about social issues or something. I think that would give ATWT back some of the social consciousness they had when Marland was writing.

• Members

He also said Goutman is invested, even though P&G isn't invested. So it's a tug of war, which results in half-stories. I am still happy with them as at least supporting characters, Luke in the Holden/Lily/Damian drama for example, so I definitely don't want them written off!

• Members

They probably won't be used that much with or without Noah.

I wouldn't have a problem with Noah going away on trips or making movies, coming back for visits, but I would rather see them stay together since the show is ending anyway, and since it's not like the show is going to have any more romantic coupling with anyone else and Luke.

• Members

My general philosophy is that if a show doesn't have the balls and/or permission to really write for gay characters and couples, they shouldn't even bother going there but since ATWT is toast within the next year anyway and Luke is a legacy character, they might as well keep them until the end if only for history's sake.

• Members

You know, I have been following the Kyle & Fish story on YT. I have to say Nuke seems extremely saccharine and unrealistic in comparison. I mean, seriously, I wish gay romance was actually that easy. I find it hard to sit through Nuke's scenes sometimes without rolling my eyes, but should they be written off? Meh...maybe they should just be written much better.

• Members

Aaaah, it is not a done deal that ATWT is ending. Colleen Zenk Pinter told Lynn Herring that it bothered her that so many people were calling her thinking ATWT was cancelled too with GL, when it wasn't. Herring talked about this in an interview with Michael Fairman. Pinter didn't like that people had just given up and weren't giving ATWT a chance.

People have to tune in to November sweeps! ATWT can live if it gets good ratings for November.

The quality of the writing is there for next month (even for Nuke apparently). It's up to the viewers to follow. Save ATWT!

• Members

I'm loving the Kyle & Fish story more than I ever did Nuke. Nuke really sucks in comparison. The dialogue for Kyle and Fish yesterday was nicely done.

Goutman shouldnt have waited until October/Novermber to make ATWT watchable. Why did GL have to get cancelled before Goutman moved his a s s and made changes on ATWT?? It's more than likely too late for ATWT. No one is to blame for this than Goutman for keeping his goon/fool Jean Pissy as HW and not making story changes as soon as ATWT started slipping quality and ratings wise.

• Members

I don't think ATWT failed badly with Nuke. The story did, for a time, get them an increase in numbers, in press attention, and had some good moments, every now and then. They were also relatively groundbreaking -- I'm not sure if OLTL would have told the Kish story (which even now involves fairly tertiary characters who didn't have a lot of buildup together and could, with a whim from Frons, leave tomorrow without most of the canvas noticing) if not for Nuke.

I don't see Noah as important to ATWT, but then, I don't think he's being treated as important. He's Luke's boyfriend, basically. The vets would have to cut a swathe through Dusty, Paul, Meg, Janet, Teri, Parker, Liberty, NuLily, etc. before they get anywhere near the airtime they once had.

I guess I see legacy as a future character, one produced by older, longstanding characters. Like Andy. Or what Andy should have been if they hadn't driven Scott Defrietas off.

• Members

I see them as both being important characters. Andy was played by a better actor, but then, he was, for the most part, in an era of ATWT which was far better written and produced.

I do hope he comes back for the end. I still miss Andy so much, and John too.

Archived