AMC: Monday, October 12, 2009

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't speak for R, but as someone opposed to the Erica/Ryan relationship for several of the same reasons, I don't want Erica to be like Mona, I want her to be like Phoebe, the snob who disapproves of half the town. It's disgusting to watch her lusting after her grandson's father, especially so soon after Kendall had just slept with him. Also, as a mother, Erica should understand how upset Annie has been since Ryan kept Emma from her and that her fears of him doing so again are 100% justified. Erica's reverted back to a teenager lately and she's not fun to watch.

As for the rest of this episode, I had to fast forward through about 80% of it with Zendall and Jesse continuing to think they can break the law with no consequence. I just wish Pratt had a long-term story to bring about their downfall!

• Members

Actually, that's not what I want at all. I just don't want to see Erica getting into catfights with and giving swirlies to women half her age... over a MAN who's also half her age! It's pathetic! There's a way to do that without becoming Mona. Angie, for example. She's as sassy and divafied as she wants to be -- but she still carries herself as a grown, professional woman... and she's ten years younger than Erica. To Angie, Madison is an insecure little girl trying to play a grown woman's game. She'd sooner punch Madison square in the jaw before she'd go the high school route of giving her a swirly. :rolleyes: Erica Kane, after all this time, doesn't need to be giggling and cooing and hanging on the arm of a man half her age, doing his biding. She should be snapping her fingers and making him come running. The Erica Kane I want to see written wouldn't have even entertained that childish catfight with Annie in the Girls Room.

• Members

I just have to say this. I don't understand people who praise the acting of that little girl who plays Emma. I'm sorry, but she's fuckin' terrible. Just awful. Always has been. Cute as a button, but she can't act. Just because the script gives Emma disturbing things to say or do doesn't mean that little tyke can actually play it. She's dreadful.

• Members

I think the praise was more a few months ago than now.

I don't think they've had any good child actors since Tommy Michaels and Alexis Manta.

Even now I still don't quite see CS as Amanda, although at least they haven't totally ruined her character. I guess I should be happy they never brought Timmy back long enough to ruin him.

• Members

I thought Jesse McCartney was faboo.

It's ironic. When they first SORASed him and then ultra-SORASed him with Jacob Young, I was a little bitter and said "well, now Jesse McCartney can never come back, JR's practically thirtysomething with a kid of his own." But, um, looking at JMC in the last year or two, well, he's kind of hit a wall and let's just say the resemblance between him and thirtysomething bloat Young is not that far off anymore. He looks at least as old as Jonathan Jackson.

• Members

McCartney was decent but I could always see him acting (then they even brought his boy band on the show). I know its picky but I like the soap kids who seem natural. I was spoiled by Rachel Miner and Bryan Buffinton on GL.

I haven't seen McCartney lately. I guess he's going to the Lohan and Aaron Carter school of rapid aging.

• Members

I was never one to praise that girl. If so much attention was going to be focused on this girl for the last year, I wish they'd recast her with a little girl who knew how to act! I've said it before. They messed up royally casting Emma with a girl who simply doesn't get it -- or maybe she does, but couldn't care less because it's all pretend anyway -- and casting the rarely seen Kathy with a girl who clearly likes to do what she does. I'm not saying I want another Dakota Fanning, or heaven forbid, another Raven-Symone... but at least a little girl with some personality would be nice if we're subjected to Emma the Holy Grail.

• Members

Whoa there pardner...

Okay, Tommy was good despite several moments of annoyance, but a lot of that can be attributed to how awful adults tend to write dialogue for children. But AM and her DUH-duh-DUH, duh-DUH-duh-DAH pattern of line reading was not a good thing.

I think OLTL had better luck with child actors, the CJs and Sarahs were always cute, but I think Erin Torpey was a really good pre-teen actress. I enjoyed her. Maybe we should do a thread on child actors...

• Members

JM is a perfect example of a celebrity I can't support regardless of how great (or not great) they may be on screen because I've seen glimpses of their real life douche baggery. And I didn't like him on AMC either.

• Members

OMG! Last time I checked, this was about All My Children. You know, the worst show in daytime because it's been spared over One Life? Get that OLTL crap out of here. Especially since, last time I checked, AMC's Alexis Manta and OLTL's Kristen Alderson had THICK Long Island accents as children.

• Members

I thought Manta had very good bonds with James Kiberd and Robin Mattson, and she really did a great job with stories like Amanda going to the well where Janet had held Natalie prisoner. I never noticed the speaking patterns as much. I guess I didn't pay attention to her last few years.

I think that it was stupid of AMC to have so much of Emma in this story in the first place. I think if you're going to involve children as murder suspects there should be a lot more foundation to the story and you should know the child involved can play the material.

Archived