Proposed Soaps Over The Years

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Apparently someone just made that up? The details do sound kinda fake.

Here's the only thing I found about it:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.tv.passions/browse_thread/thread/b9b9d843ff255c30/f558d70c4c693544?q=%22thunder%27s+secret%22#f558d70c4c693544

Then Blueeaglex posted

I remember Blueeaglex, who was an honest poster and he/she always posted articles from the mags. I would believe him/her.

• Members

Shame, I always thought that sounded like it could have been amazing. I wonder if launching a soap similar to that would be a hit nowadays, the whole vampire genre is everywhere and I wonder if adding something like that to the daytime lineup of, say, NBC could revitalize the genre.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

In 72,ATWT writer Winifred Wolfe and producer Mary Harris,had a proposal for a 60 min soap titled 'Yesterday's Child...Tomorrow's Adult'.

It was reported at least one network was interested in the possibility of a 1hr soap(3 years before AW went to an hour).

SOD reported in March 88 that Peggy O'Shea had interest from Fox in 'Blue Point',which would dramatize the lives in a resort community. Each summer,holiday visitors from the city would corrupt the lives of the town folks,particularly its youth.Each winter,the residents of Blue Pont would regroup and find their inner strength again.

• Members

OK, thought so but was just checking. I can, I just think that it's a concept a network wouldn't have the patience to see playout over even one full year lol. (and what happens if test and focus groups complain when the big city kids go home cuz they liked those characters more ;) ). But I do agree.

I wish Showtime would get back into soaps though I can't honestly tell how many daily soaps they tried--there's next to no info on Marland's New Day in Eden, and even less about Pat falken Smith's country and western bar/music themed soap on Showtime (imdb doesn't even list it so I can't find the title! lol)

• Members

Never heard of that one, just Coming of Age.

Whoopi Goldberg and Frank Langella were working on a primetime sudser called Harlem. In it, Langella and Harry Belafonte would star as brothers, the drama revolving around their interracial family. I guess things fell through when Whoopi and Frank split.

Archived