Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

I remember Soap Opera Weekly doing a 2 Part interview with Laibson and McTavish and they were arrogant. Laibson said “tough [!@#$%^&*]” about a couple that wasn’t resonating. We would just have to accept the couple. Tough [!@#$%^&*] Laibson was replaced by tough Rauch a few months later. 

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

She definitely had that hard edge. I could have seen her as a temp recast later on.

I'm talking about her performances, not her as a person. That's how she played Vanessa and generally how she played Donna - flighty, neurotic. There's nothing wrong with that. It's just not Vanessa in the long term.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I will make a note of it! 

Yeah, I get what you two are getting at. Sigh, flounce, oh, one signature move, pulling earrings off to talk on the phone. Also rising inflection, sharp intake of breath before saying a word, like ... gasp Victoria! 

• Members

Okay, I thought we were fooling around, but it seems you aren't. You think I made a grammar error, is that it? No, I didn't.  I said exactly what I meant to say. I'm glad I realized you are serious, not playing & are totally  wrong. 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Can we please keep this thread on topic so administrators don't shut it down?

I'm surprised Laibson did not work well on GL because I liked his time on AW for the most part. 

Edited by chrisml