• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LEAVE YOUTUBE EMBEDS ALONE

Image result for leave britney alone gif

I have discovered so many vids because NBA and others post them. It's the reason why eventually I'll get to see more of GUIDING LIGHT. 

Thanks to everyone who uploads and/or posts.

@KMan101 Well, start doing so!!

Image result for the fuck gif

Edited by YRBB

• Members

If your equipment is new, then clearly the problems you are experiencing are not due to an outdated system, which is the most common reason people have trouble loading heavy-content web pages. Could you have a virus? That's another cause of ultra-slow loading and crashing.

• Members

I'm the person who a long time ago said something about the amount of videos (and long magazine scans as well though those can be placed behind spoiler space, which is good if someone is responding so I don't have to see the same article numerous times.) I have a Mac, and I think it is an Apple issue, the board and embedded videos don't play well together. It has gotten better for me, but it still sometimes acts up, which is rather annoying. 

I do prefer if there is a caption as to what is being posted, as sometimes that causes discussion or if in the future the video disappears at least I know what people were chatting about. (More than once I've gone back into a thread, looking for something and it disappeared, but there isn't much that can be done to avoid that.)

I'm rambled enough hope I haven't upset anyone.

• Members

Yes, that's true too. Slower web services can be a nightmare when you are trying to load certain content-rich pages or sites, specifically on an older system. My current computer has no trouble (or very little trouble) with anything, which is why I thought perhaps Dale's woes stemmed from his having an older system.

That's curious. I wonder why Apple, specifically, would have a problem. All my Apple-owning friends keep nagging me to buy a Mac.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Sometimes the issue involves Apple's Safari browser, which is very problematic with videos not playing, the system freezing and/or crashing, and pages not loading. I had this issue with both my work and home Macs. In my case, my solution was upgrading my version of Safari (for free) and using other browsers like Chrome or Firefox. Since these fixes, I've had no issues.

Edited by robbwolff

• Members

I have a Windows PC and no real issues but it's pretty new. I was running on a 10 year old computer up until a year ago, it was updated with the latest Windows version but man it was tragic. Luckily I had bought a laptop about two years ago. I browse SON on my iPhone but I'll have to check out the video heavy threads to see if I have any issues, I hadn't noticed anything before but I mostly stuck to the discussion and spoiler forums. I have a Galaxy tablet so I'll have to see on that too I don't really use it much except if I travel. (And yes, I feel very lucky I'm able to have the toys that I do ...)

• Members

Before I updated, I was using a 15-year-old computer with Windows XP, and it was tragic too, LOL.

I have a Galaxy tablet as well, and browsing the different threads poses me no problem on it.

I guess why some devices have problems loading certain content will always be a bit of a mystery.

• Members

I use a five-year-old iMac with Chrome or a two-year-old iPad with Safari to access this site and have no problem at all with either one. (And I love the videos, please keep them coming.) I just tried it with my four-year-old iPhone, and yes, the heavy video threads are a disaster -- but I wouldn't expect any different.