Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He probably didn't know about Kristi being so eccentric since he started years after she left.  He also freaked out a bit when Denise Pence mentioned Michael Zaslow being fired.

This could be why he hasn't had Eileen Fulton come do these since she doesn't mince words either. 

• Members

I mean probably very unlikely, but it would be awesome to get an 85th anniversary movie to just see all the characters back in action. I miss them. 

Probably, very unlikely but considering most of the long running soaps ended in the last 20 years, and 85 is a big one would be nice even a more fitting reunion would be okay. Considering nothing was done for AW's 50th...not that I'm aware, this probably is a long shot. 

• Members

Why does Alan give two shytes about what these Actors say about their times on the P&G soaps. P&G hasnt carred about them since Ed Tauch left so why should the actors care if they spill Tea. Does Alan believe P& G will hire him again

• Members

Alan is in PR, which is wonderful for securing guests but doesn't necessarily make for effective hosting skills.  Someone like Roger Newcomb from We Love Soaps would be well suited to hosting something like this, not to mention that he's done a lot of indie soap stuff so he's more inclined to be able to finesse a situation that goes haywire.

• Members

I flove u...lololololo

Kim has nothing on Kristi

Alan: I didn't know I was going  to need a drink...lolol

ok everyone don't talk over everybody....wow Alan getting testy...lol

and the faces he is making..hilarious

• Members

This pretty much sums it up.

This is the most I have laughed. The Larkin story by Terrell was funny. All of my favorites were on today. Krista talked to Bruce Barry recently. And a shout out from Bryan Buffington. Krista inviting everyone to LA to see her..cute.

Alan couldn't end it quicker enough. The AMC one  lasted two hours and this barely passed the hour.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I missed the first half, but today's show was the best so far. I echo the comments of everyone wanting Alan to improve his compere skills. It shouldn't be that difficult for him to get guests to answer questions in alphabetical order or to ask questions to guests directly. The free-for-all format doesn't work online, especially in big groups.

Seeing Kristi now me made even more convinced that we were robbed of a Roxie return in the late 90s in favor of the Cassie Layne story. I didn't dislike Cassie as much as some fans, but it would have been awesome to see Kristi as Roxie return to Springfield, having lived a rough life in prostitution and/or addiction, moving in with the Lewises and stirring up trouble for Rick and Abby, or getting involved with Billy. She would have added a lot of color to the show when it (and Reva as a character) needed it. 

KZ was funny and blunt as always, Terrell's story about Larkin Malloy warning the younger "stud" was hilarious, Michael's story about meeting Charita was touching, and Krista is delightful.