Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Was that when he was playing the DID part on ATWT? I liked him as much as I liked Deas. Do you know why Lester turned the part down? Come to think of it, Terry Lester died young, around 52 or 53.

[EllenP] : Ellen Weston taking Alex to clown town! That is a very funny line.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Donna B
Add.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@Donna B It was posted in the "They Almost Became" thread that Terry Lester was offered Buzz but turned it down to take Royce on ATWT. I think I remember Terry himself saying this in an interview around 1992 or 1993; maybe someone has the Soap Opera Digest/Soap Opera Weekly/TV Guide w/ this interview.

• Members

@kalbir , Hayden Lesley Panettiere (/ˌpænətiˈɛər/; born August 21, 1989)[3] is an American actress, model, and singer. She is known for playing cheerleader Claire Bennet on the NBC sci-fi series Heroes (2006–2010) and Juliette Barnes in the ABC/CMT musical drama series Nashville (2012–2018). A native of New York, she first appeared in a commercial at the age of eleven months. Her full-time acting career began by playing Sarah Roberts on One Life to Live (1994–1997) and Lizzie Spaulding on Guiding Light (1996–2000), and then played Sheryl Yoast in the Disney feature film Remember the Titans at age ten. Other roles include her portrayal of the title character in the true crime drama Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy, the original voice actress for Kairi in the Kingdom Hearts series, and Kirby Reed in the slasher film Scream 4. She received two nominations for the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Series, Miniseries or Television Film, for her work on Nashville in 2012 and 2013.[4]

https://www.nickiswift.com/34565/hollywood-wont-cast-hayden-panettiere-anymore/sl/do-children-usually-pay-for-their-parents-divorce

Although Panettiere is personally scandal-free — a rarity for someone who's been in Hollywood as long as she has — she has also struggled for years with the legacy left by her parents, whose eyebrow-raising behavior and contentious divorce rivaled the Lohan family's turmoil in terms of the shadow it cast on their talented daughter's career. In a town as gossipy as Los Angeles, that kind of baggage can drag down even the most determined star. Even if Panettiere's parental drama didn't cost her in terms of opportunity, it definitely cost her financially. When her parents' divorce settlement was finalized after eight years of turmoil, it included the shocking revelation that Panettiere had shelled out for her dad's legal fees, which he had to repay to the tune of $100,000. Read More: https://www.nickiswift.com/34565/hollywood-wont-cast-hayden-panettiere-anymore/sl/do-children-usually-pay-for-their-parents-divorce?utm_campaign=clip

• Members

I watched the scenes where Annie is in the hospital after getting a hysterectomy, and I thought it was really gross of Reva to basically gloat after Annie had lost everything, including her ability to ever have children. I know Reva was the heroine of the show, but I haven’t really liked her in the scenes I’ve seen. 

• Members

Honestly, Reva was a far more interesting character when she played the town vamp.  I can't stand it when soaps take a character who was a vixen or a tramp (Reva was a combination of both) and then try to practically canonize her.  I don't think it is uncharacteristic of Reva to mock or taunt someone who she considered a rival, because past behavior shows that Reva could often go very "low", right down in the mud.  I think it was more insincere for the show to ever have tried to paint Reva as some type of heroine (to be honest, I think that's when a lot of people began to tire of the character).  It's almost as ridiculous as when Y&R tried to make Phyllis Summers into a heroine.

• Members

I’m reading all of Reverend Rutledge’s sermons right now to see if I can find the strength to endure Donna B, the forgiveness to overlook Donna B, and and an exorcism prayer to cast out Donna B. 

Otherwise, to quote Meta, I may have to shift into an even uglier gear...