Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Agreed, and it was a good idea to have Jeffie be her partner in crime..but then they dropped that and it was nasty Dinah and heroic Jeffie.  I wish they had used that as starting point to get rid of Cole for good, to expose what an ass and nut Jeffie was...I would have had it Dinah was blackmailing him to get her money, etc...and when she came to town she would taunt him all the while letting him go after Cassie to give the Big C what she deserved.  Dinah has a change of heart and exposes him (including his rape of O which was dropped) and he goes nuts and kidnapps him and they kill him in good old fashioned Soap Dish way..."His head was chopped off, he can't come back cause he doenst have a head!"

Who the hell was Cole's protector on this show?

• Members

These videos are great and so well done.  I find watching or re-watching old episodes on YT tedious and I am rarely able to get through a whole episode without fast-forwarding, mostly because of either the pacing or the lack of anticipation of already knowing the outcome of every cliffhanger.   It reminds me of hearing a comedian repeat their jokes when you already know the punchline.  

However, the idea of repackaging old episodes into clips is very appealing.  I have enjoyed the yearly summaries on the channel.  I appreciate the choice of background music, it has the time-era-appropriate amount of synth.  I also appreciate that the non-HD quality of some of the video is offset by the addition of text information and the underscoring.  It's just superb what people can do with these old videos to transform it into something that can still be entertaining.

• Members

I believe that danfling has asked about Luci Ferri (longtime EP) as to what other programs she may have been involved with.

I have just discovered that she was a producer of Young Doctor Malone when it premiered on NBC in Dec 1958.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

She is a soap opera producer I have long been curious about. I have not been able to find out much about her in Google searches. She was a female producer on a soap at a time when very few - if any - other women had the same position. Plus, she stayed on GL in that position for well over two decades. Was she forced to leave GL in the mid-70s or did she retire? I don't know what ever happened to her after she left GL.