Y&R: Fire Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, Scott Hamner, and Paul Rauch

• Members

This show is just a mess, and it's only gotten worse and worse as the months have gone by with this current writing team. They've had their time and have been given too many chances, it's time for some writing and producing changes. If that day ever comes, hopefully the people doing the hiring have done their research and know the track records of those they are hiring.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maria's ego is obviously too big to listen to any constructive criticism, hence her interview with Nelson where she wouldn't acknowledge any mistakes or the general unevenness of the show. I get that she can't come out and say her show sucks, but to not acknowledge any mistakes was pretty low.

I fully believe she is apart of the problem, and thus must be fired as well. However, in the case that she can't be fired, I'd be happy with her firing Hogan Sheffer, Scott Hamner, Paul Rauch, and about half of her writing team (replacing them with better staff writers and keeping the number low) and hiring a better singular Co-Head Writer.

• Members

Wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a f#cking minute!

So, I watched Wednesday and Thursday's episode and all of a sudden, it went from being pitch black to 6PM? Couldn't have been 6AM, because daylight is never that good around that time. And Jack/Victor were in their same places the previous show AT NIGHT mind you and really, how did Colleen go from being expert crew team member to non-swimmer overnight? Even Reilly was never this bad when it came to episode continuity.

Wow. This is bloody awful. And don't even get me started on the weird Kitty noises, Patty Jane running around, and the awful greenscreen stuff.

• Members

I definitely thinks she approves whatever Sheffer slides across her desk, which makes her an idiot. The bits and pieces I catch of this show has a distinct *Shefferism* running through all these outlandish plots. He turned DAYS into some boring, Soprano's ripoff--it was a completely different show, with seemingly completely different characters, and just recently started to find its way back to how I remember it. In any case, I hardly recognize Y&R or the characters anymore. Even as a *casual* viewer, growing up with classic Y&R on my parents floor-model, it's a crying shame.

• Members

What's even more embarrassing is everyone's sudden sixth sense on this show.

Lily, Traci, and Abby both were having bad feelings about Colleen or seeing her as she died.

Really? If I didn't know any better, I'd have assumed one of Reilly's soap bibles were stolen and ripped off.

They should have brought Sylvia Browne back for this one.

• Members

It's truly embarrassing how cool they think this sh!t is, it speaks volumes about how out of touch they are with their audience.

I never recalled any supernatural element on this show until this regime. Even Latham wasn't this obvious with the preternatural stuff.

It all feels so false and gimmicky. They truly think their audience is made up of a bunch of idiots who will accept anything, no matter how loony and stupid it is. It even goes beyond Maria, Hogan and Scott. That writing team appears to be full of people who do it for a paycheck and not for any artistic merit. I know most staff writers wouldn't dare question the authority of their Head Writer, but does anyone think anyone of them try to work some criticism in there in a kind and gentle way? I certainly don't. This show is a mess.

• Members

Not only does this current writing regime show contempt for the intelligence of their fans, they seem to go out of their way to crap on important legacy characters that were once a very vital part of the show. I cannot see how anyone can defend what Jill has morphed into. Playing devil to Katherine's angel, which was never their dynamic, since they both did bad things to one another. Undermining Jill's intelligence as a character, giving her this ridiculous manicurist crap when she owns half the Chancellor mansion. Then there's the virtual neglect of almost half of the cast and people like Michael and Lauren, who are only used to prop up the Scobby gang these days. There's no words for crap like this.

I will NEVER forgive the Patty character for indirectly causing Colleen's death, for killing Zapato, and for causing brain damage to Summer. She IS irredeemable. Almost all of the canvas should HATE her after all these things. The Abbot's should hate her, and the Newman's should hate her. I will never be able to buy ANY possible relationship between Patty and Jack, if they ever go in that vile direction again. Thanks for ruining a character and making her irredeemable that had unlimited possibilities, hacks.

Ugh, fire Maria Arena Bell, Hogan Sheffer, Scott Hamner, and Paul Rauch!

• Members

So much word. The regime in place is the only one in the last 20 some years that has made me feel angry at the show. I don't mean angry for a day or two because I didn't get the couple I wanted, but seriously angry and resentful that things are being botched and completely ruined.

I was all for giving Y&R time last March, but now they have had that time and things are worse than ever. Something needs to change.

• Members

It needs to happen sooner rather than later. I'd HATE for this to be the writing and producing regime that crafts Y&R's final episode. These people probably couldn't write a f.ucking suicide note, let alone a real soap.

Come on Barbara Bloom, Steven Kent, Steve Mosko, and Bill Bell, Jr.! Do something, and make the necessary changes to better this show.

Archived