GL's Alan Risks His Life to Save Phillip

B&B: Jackie's Past Comes Back to Haunt Her

HOT PLOTS PREVIEW

B&B: Ridge Makes Amends

Y&R: Patty Takes Colleen Hostage

ATWT: Mason ... And Noah?

DAYS: Steph and Philip Split

EDITORS' CHOICE: Prodigal Sons, OLTL

PERFORMER OF THE WEEK: Eileen Davidson (Ashely, Y&R)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CSF, it pretty much sounds like Andrea kicks the bucket. She's at the carnival when Edward, who she drugged, mows it down.

LeC, I was surprised. It's a good read. I think he's definitely going (and that's because he thinks the majority of the cast will ultimately go), but I had thought he would have been one of the ones who would have been all "feck that all, back to L.A. Happy days."

• Members

Please tell me in a few words what Thom Bierdz means about being "arrogant" and not recognizing his "mistake" until it was too late! I'm a subscriber, but I want to know these answers NOW, not next Wednesday when my print edition finally arrives.... :angry:

• Members

Ann, he said some crew members asked him if he knew about the move ("why didn't you tell me, man?" type thing), he said he had no idea "I didn't know about it. Nobody knew about it. There was suspicion that there was something else, maybe cancellation."

Thom Bierdz. This is kind of weird, it's a response from him, in the form of an article, to a letter in the 9/1 issue of SOD. He talks about how he wanted to play Phillip as a confident and masculine gay guy because that's rarely represented on TV (reality shows). He looked at the tapes 5 weeks after they taped and he thought he came off arrogant. He pretty much blames the camera work. He said in the old days they used to do close ups, and the sensitivity that "shown through [his] watery eyes" was missed because they don't do that so much now. He said he gets a lot of positive e-mails, but onliners on message boards seem to think he comes off arrogant and unlikable. He wants Phillip to come off as guarded but not arrogant. He more or less apologizes for it coming off as arrogant because he wants his work with the character to help open up doors for people to be less weirded out by homosexuality.

• Members

Bierdz is very gracious to place the blame on himself. Truth be told I think the writing made him look much worse than his performance did. Phillip was unapologetic and refused to feel any remorse about what he had done. Camera angles or acting can't change that.

It's very sad because there's no fixing any of that, and his role on the show is now down to nothing.

Archived