Misogyny & the Media

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The writing for Todd changes on a dime. Only last year, he was causing harm to most of his children, to the point of almost killing Starr, he was beating up and threatening her friends, he allowed his mentally ill niece to remain unhelped so her alter would do his dirty work for him (his silence later helped cause her to lose her baby), and he brainwashed his rape victim into falling in love with him.

Now, after a few months of pouting and telling everyone it was fine to rape Marty again because he was just showing her his love, he's written as the stud of Llanview. Fun, sexy, super cool. Watch him have big fun at Viki's wedding and cavort with the niece whose life he ruined. What woman could resist him? Let's watch two women obsess over him as he uses them as sex toys when he isn't spitting venom at them. But don't worry, because he does "love" one of them, Tea. At least when he isn't screwing Blair, or making doe eyes at his true love Marty.

It's bizarre writing, but this, along with Rex calling his girlfriend "slut" and "whore", allowing his son to treat her the same way, Rex sleeping with his girlfriend's crazy sister and then blaming his girlfriend for it, this is someone's view of the ideal leading man.

It's beneath OLTL and often leaves a cloud over the other stories, which are less repulsive.

• Members

I just want to know if Pratt and Guza hate women, cause it sure seems like it given how they write the women on their soaps.

I mean today on GH, Guza had, I think it was Nik call Rebecca a whore and said something about her spreading her legs.

Seriously, women make up the majority of the audience, yet they write women as whores, skanks, sluts, etc..

No wonder soaps are dying

• Members

OMG! I started tuning out after Nik told Rebecca that a whore like her must have been in it for the money because she wasn't spreading her legs out of the goodness of her heart... Thank goodness my remote was working. I changed the channel. HATE Rebecca, but that was disgusting.

Archived